Music Similar To "What Have You Done Today Mervyn Day?" by Saint Etienne + "In Good Company" by Stephen Trask
Jul 24, 2009 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Calexico

Headphoneus Supremus
To start off, I STRONGLY recommend this album!

WhatHaveYouDone.jpg

I'm looking for some similar music to this album. I downloaded Saint Etienne's Foxbase Alpha but it's not similar at all. Mervyn Day is almost completely instrumental besides some speech segments. Apparently it was the soundtrack for their own film about London.

Here are two songs from the album to give an idea of what it sounds like.
Main Title
White Post Lane

I just remembered that I'd like some recommendations for another artist too. I really enjoyed Stephen Trask's songs for In Good Company (the movie).

In_good_company_.jpg

I'd like something similar. His work on Hedwig seems to be in the form of a rock musical, which makes me think of Rent. I did not like Rent
wink_face.gif
I'm Psyched
The Chase

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 4
A bit difficult... as far as Saint Etienne goes, why don't you just listen to their other albums for starters? Specifically: "So Tough", "Sound of Water" and "Tiger Bay"

Other than that, here are some suggestions but they might be long shots. If you get to try them out, tell me if it hits the spot.

Cibo Matto - Stereo Type A
Pizzicato Five - Happy End of the World
Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine - 1992: The Love Album
The Beloved - Happiness

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Well I tried Foxbase Alpha and if that is any indication of their style of music, it is not consistent with What Have You Done Today Mervyn Day. Nonetheless, I will try So Tough, Sound of Water, and Tiger Bay, as well as your other recommendatoins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back