music similar to Linkin Park?
Jul 30, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #16 of 23
Actually the only Evanescense song that sounds like Linkin Park is "Bring Me to Life" because it features some other group. IIRC the rest of the CD is just her with different types of music.

Jul 30, 2003 at 11:37 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Knocturnal
Evanescence sounds identical to linkin park but with a female for vocals. There pretty good but its not fair to compare them to linkin park
biggrin.gif

Speaking of ****ty music, how about that rap?

tongue.gif
Bite me, "cracka".
rolleyes.gif

Jul 31, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by psxguy85
Speaking of ****ty music, how about that rap?
tongue.gif
Bite me, "cracka".
rolleyes.gif

You enjoy listening to linkin park and manage to hate all rap?
**DOES NOT COMPUTE**
Oh, you listen to the radio and watch MTV. Of course, it all makes sense now.

Concerning cheezyness:
Rap:rich lifestyle&Gangstas::NuMetal:Suicide&depression
Examples:

Linkin Park: ", Chevelle "Send the pain below" (not to mention their guitar work is subpar)
JayZ: "Girls girls girls", 50Cent: "Many men wish death"
redface.gif

Good rap, off the top of my head...
cannibalox
talibkweli
deltron3030
dr.octagon
jurassic5
theroots
zackdelarocha
mosdef
thefugees
rundmc
publicenemy
outkast
beastieboys
laurynhill

not to mention...

songs that may change your mind about music:
Soundgarden - Superunknown - Spoonman
Deltron3030 - Deltron3030 - Virus
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - Lost Ones
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of (bear in mind that this is half RAP)
Led Zeppelin - Zoso (IV) - The entire album

there's so much...

Taste in music is like the matrix. Some plugged into pop cannot be unplugged. I can only show you the door, but it is you who must walk through it.

Jul 31, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #19 of 23
As to evanescence, their album's split about 50/50. It's got a combination of somewhat linkin park-ish stuff, like 'bring me to life', and then some other stuff that's more in a 'piano ballad with edge' vein. They don't have the rap elements of linkin park, but the basic sound is similar, I suppose.

Jul 31, 2003 at 3:02 AM Post #20 of 23
*yawn* I don't feel like Linkin Park is rap, and I neglected to mention that I don't hate all rap. BLeh, its my birthday, cut me some ****ing slack, OK?
redface.gif

Besides, where did I say I thought LP was the BEST? I am a big supporter, and I am a fan of their music.

Jul 31, 2003 at 3:13 AM Post #21 of 23
Oh, and can a mod please close this topic before I get a stroke or go into cardiac arrest or something?
redface.gif
u know, before it turns into a flame or something. It seems that 99% of this board hates Linkin Park.

Jul 31, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #22 of 23
Yeah, a topic close would probably be best, as I already got the suggestions I need, and this thread just keeps getting more and more off topic.

Jul 31, 2003 at 4:45 AM Post #23 of 23
See that's the problem with the music forum. People can't resist thread crapping. If you don't like the music, go mope in a corner by yourself and ****, no one needs to be told that the band they like sucks when they're asking for similar bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back