music similar to Linkin Park?
Jul 29, 2003 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

swenzke

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. Alright, I just recently started getting into Linkin Park, and while I only like about half of their songs, the half I do like I love. This is also my first real experience with listening to hard rock, or whatever genre you want to put them in.

I'm trying to find some other bands similar to their music, that is, stuff that just sounds excellent played extremely loud
smily_headphones1.gif
. I've been listening to some, like Static X, but don't like their material too much.

Does anyone have any recommendations? If it helps, some of the songs I like from Linkin Park are Don't Stay, of course In the End & Somewhere I Belong, Faint, and Numb. If you have any recommendations, please list what you think are the best songs/album from that group also. Thanks
cool.gif

Jul 29, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Newbiez
I do think that they ripped Faint's background violin sound from White Town's Your Women. Bloody bastards !!!
wink.gif

NO they did not. Your comment does piss me off, but I hope you are joking. I have the Limited Meteora with the Making of Meteora DVD that has a part where you see them having around 5-8 Violinists live recording the sound, and they explained the layering process to make the violins sound like a LOT of violins.

Linkin Park is proud to bring to peoples attention in the DVD that they create their own sounds and samples, so it is them making the music, not ripping it from old or different songs like those other crap artists out there.

Jul 30, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #9 of 23
Man, how can you even compare rage to linkin park. Rage is ****ing awsome and LP is whiney TRL rock.

Jul 30, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #11 of 23
Pollstar says:
Quote:

Users who have signed up for this band also like:
P.O.D.
Hoobastank
Adema
Alien Ant Farm
Cold

What do you like about Linkin Park? That might get you some more recommendations. From what I've heard on the radio (and from my neighbor's stereo last year), Linkin Park does a lot of things in their music, none particularly well.

Jul 30, 2003 at 5:51 AM Post #12 of 23
I'll have to put in a plug for Dry Cell. They're on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack, though they broke up (due to their parents whining at the record label), the few tracks that they did put out and are available are very good.

Similar to Linkin Park, i'd say. On some levels, even better than LP, they had potential, and it's sad to see them go
frown.gif

I only know of three tracks currently,

Brave, Body Crumbles, and I Confide

Body Crumbles has also a remixed version for a commercial or something and it kinda changes the meaning of the song and such.

Jul 30, 2003 at 5:39 PM Post #13 of 23
Heh, I didn't realize there was a lot of dislike towards Linkin Park on this forum until I did a search. Maybe this wasn't a great place to post...

Anyway, I think I'm going to start with Rage Against the Machine and P.O.D. and see if they are what I'm looking for.

Thanks again for the advice.

Jul 30, 2003 at 5:49 PM Post #14 of 23
Hey, I love Linkin Park. I've been a fan of their stuff since the start, I have all their stuff, including the B-Sides, EP and Underground 2.0 albums. They aren't the BEST group out there, but I support them.

[size=small]Rage is the bomb![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back