Music requests : 2 categories
Sep 10, 2004 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

skitlets

500+ Head-Fier
Alright, so I'm running out of material to listen to, so I need some suggestions to look into. Firstly, rock. I enjoy harder rock without going full out metal and with punk roots, such as Taking Back Sunday and Thursday. The thing that turns me off to metal is just screaming. I enjoy singing, with screams acceptable if there still is a singing lead, perfect example being Thursday. Any other bands that fall into or near the same category?

Secondly, female vocalists. What good female vocalists are out there, regardless of genre, but preferable staying in the realm of good r&b and jazz (norah jones comes to mind. I prefer her more than Diana Krall). Thanks for the help.

Sep 10, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets
Alright, so I'm running out of material to listen to, so I need some suggestions to look into. Firstly, rock. I enjoy harder rock without going full out metal and with punk roots, such as Taking Back Sunday and Thursday.

What good female vocalists are out there, regardless of genre, but preferable staying in the realm of good r&b and jazz (norah jones comes to mind. I prefer her more than Diana Krall). Thanks for the help.

For rock I'd recommend lost prophets, maybe queens of the stoneage? For female vocals, try koop, everything but the girl, fiona apple, maybe some nickel creek... I don't know much in either genre, but those artists might help broaden your horizon.

You should also give www.musicplasma.com a try, it might help ya find similar artists you like. It helps by making a web of artists that are similar to others, starting with your initial entry. It's neat. =)

Sep 10, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I like lost prophets. I tried out musicplasma, but I already have everything within the immediate circle of Thursday! It did branch off into some harder rock, like Atreyu and Avenged Sevenfold, which I'm currently listening to. Not so bad, if I'm in the mood for it. I'll check out those female vocalists you suggested. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back