Music recordings that improvements in SQ that can be noticeable with better IEMs
Jun 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

High_Q

1000+ Head-Fier
Do you guys know of any recordings that you feel that your best quality IEMs see noticeable improvements in sound opposed to the inferior IEMs?  For example, I've noticed more background recording noise with my ER4P when I was listening to "Kind of Blue"  Miles Davis, also Fleetwood Mac I can notice better sound.  Can you tell me tell the artist and the song that you notice drastic improvements in quality with better phones?  Thanks.

I am looking for recordings that has obvious differences in how music is heard(details, less distortion, etc...) that heavily depends on the quality of IEMs.  

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 6
I would guess that anything properly recorded and mastered would sound better with better phones.

Personally, I think most of Rodrigo y Gabriela gets better with better IEM's. Mariah Carey also gets much better. Her whistle tones come through more clearly. Most classical or orchestra music gain clarity too, but I find a higher resolution recordings will benefit the sound more.

Live recordings seem more live on better phones, at least to me. Particularly Joe Satriani and Yngwie.

Hope this helps.

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 6
Try some Steely Dan (Recent stuff) or Donald Fagan's newest. Primo sound that absolutely shows off better IEMs capabilities. Most modern rock is mastered like crap and doesn't do justice to some of the great IEMs.

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 6
I am new to quality audio. I have been enjoying remastered 60's-70's rock like Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young (So Far, a compilation) and Yes (Ultimate Yes_ 35th Anniversary Collection). These sound great to me, even better with my best IEMs (Atrio M5 and RE0). Of course I'm heavily influenced by listening to those tracks many, many times on crappy portable transistor radios and lousy college stereos (vinyl was not just for audiophiles in those days). Well recorded guitar makes my best iems and cans really shine.

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 6
FLAC quality classical music. I wanna say some of Gideon's work is the most revealing I have. I can plainly hear each person flip the pages of their sheet music. I love it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back