MUSIC or SEX: which would you give up?
Oct 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #16 of 53
Now that's a really good question. Are we trading one for the other on an equal time basis or is it "no more music for you, ever" vs. "no more sex ever"? I listen to music every day, but sex doesn't happen nearly that often.

If it's an equal time opportunity I agree with geoges. Give me one hour of sex ... then let me roll over and go to sleep.
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #17 of 53
never ever. never.

(and no touching. except for the aim-and-shake)

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #18 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMcN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At my age very often I find myself listening to music while the wife is asleep. So I guess I've already answered that question. :)

Same here
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your blood, however, may still comingle with your beloved's within the belly of a flea.

Oh, be still my heart! High school lit or not, Mr. Donne, you are a treasure.

Taken to the "deaf or castrated" extreme, I imagine I'd be far more useful one way than the other
smile_phones.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #21 of 53
If I could not castrate myself but was forbidden from all manner of contact and emission whatsoever, even if alone, Music would have to go. If it was deafness or castration, castration it would be. If we are only referring to pleasure via partners, the sex would have to go.

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 53
I had a girlfriend once who stated after listening to my first electrostatic phones, "with this you don't need sex!"

These were Koss ESP6, which are still pretty decent, if you can get a working pair.

Certainly as you get older you can't do sex anywhere near as often as music.

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #23 of 53
It really does depend on how the question is interpreted. If it was no music whatsoever, well, you'd have to be deaf to avoid it. You can't watch a movie or TV show without hearing music. I think I'd rather give up sex than lose my hearing, especially if "sex" is defined as only with a (female) partner.

But, this being Head-Fi and all, I don't think that "music" means any and all music, does it? If it was no quality music, meaning, no live concerts and only mediocre audio equipment, I probably would live with that and take sex, if sex can be, uh, solitary.

Quality music vs. any sex at all? Now that's a tough one.

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #24 of 53
Fail, I just noticed I'm meant to vote for the one I'd sacrifice, not the one I'd choose to keep.

Oct 17, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a girlfriend once who stated after listening to my first electrostatic phones, "with this you don't need sex!"

funny, i've never had a girlfriend tell me that.
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fail, I just noticed I'm meant to vote for the one I'd sacrifice, not the one I'd choose to keep.

ouch... you obviously don't deserve either.
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #26 of 53
I would have to vote music...

I'm not married
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #27 of 53
Thank god I do not see any reason why I would have to sacrifice any one of them!
smile.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #29 of 53
P.S. I voted for Music because I misunderstood the poll....the poll says ..... "The Ultimate Sacrifice........." which to me meant which of the two was the ultimate sacrifice and in that case..........Music is the ultimate sacrifice........I wonder if anyone else misunderstood the poll title.

Oct 17, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #30 of 53
I'd give up sex.
If people here are spending thousands on music and yet would give up music for sex, I'd hate to see their bedrooms...
Sex is overrated, music is amazing. Every time I see something new. With sex? Thankfully not the case.

If you included hugs with sex then it would be a bit more difficult, but probably still keep the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back