Music on Foobar skipping?
Jul 13, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #31 of 50
It's not a common format so I understand why MS didn't put it into the shared mode formats list. It works if you use something else though, provided that your hardware supports it of course.

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #32 of 50
I know what you're saying, but if they added 16/88.2, why not 24/88.2? My DAC does support 88.2, 16 and 24bits, but I'm limited to playback contained to audio players, while I also want 24/88.2 as my system output.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #33 of 50
Bump

Somehow my computer has developed the same problem
I tried everything .... sometime it runs smoothly without a fault, then at random time it starts skipping to the next track.

If anybody has a solution to this problem Please let me know

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #34 of 50
It happened to me some time ago. The culprit was a benchmark soft runing in the background, Aida64 or Everest
I like to see temperature sensors, but it seems that those programs check SMART in intevals, causing troubles

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #35 of 50
Quote:
Bump

Somehow my computer has developed the same problem
I tried everything .... sometime it runs smoothly without a fault, then at random time it starts skipping to the next track.

If anybody has a solution to this problem Please let me know

Quote:
It happened to me some time ago. The culprit was a benchmark soft runing in the background, Aida64 or Everest
I like to see temperature sensors, but it seems that those programs check SMART in intevals, causing troubles

Damn it me to, and I run benchmarks all the time... I always monitor my temps. the problem persists even without the benchmarks running, in additon my stock AMD drvier bencnhmarks it self

although I should defrag all my crummy old hdd

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #36 of 50
I haven't posted in eons!...but I had this very same problem and thought I should definitely share the solution to this very frustrating problem.
Like you guys, I had intermittent pops, skips and clicks in my audio from my computer.
I used this tool to figure out where they were coming from:

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Narrowed it down to AVG and Malware-Bytes' constant scanning eating up my latency, and stopped those from running constantly.
Bingo! Nice, clean audio 
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,

Thomas

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #37 of 50
that makes sense

I used to lagg with that stuff running, I can't belive that I also forgot about that

my biggest issue was with uTorrent, that said I still had a little latency spikes curtiosy of Avast Malware AND Super Anti SpyWare 

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Anyone know how to optimize these values here?

My settings:
Full file buffering up to (kB): 1000000
WASAPI > Higher worker process priority [checked]
Thread priority > Use MMCSS [checked]
Thread priority > MMCSS mode: Pro Audio

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #42 of 50
I wouldn't set file buffering to 1 GB... and you will only need the "Pro Audio" class if you set buffers extremely low (which will just cause more overhead).

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #44 of 50
If you don't have audio glitches, yeah.
If you do and also use an USB DAC check your Windows' DPC latency and USB controller/port related problems.
If you still have glitches try changing the playback - output - buffer length and playback API (DS, WASAPI ...).

If you have audio glitches while CPU intensive tasks are running you can try to check "Use MMCSS". If your hdd (or wherever your tracks come from) occasionally fails to read data fast enough try increasing buffer length, if that doesn't work try file buffering.

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #45 of 50
when I have the foobar buffer at 50ms for example I get dropouts when opening lots of browser tabs and flipping through them for example. At 1000ms(stock setting) the dropouts happen very seldomly but they still happen every once in a while. So in this case I guess its mmcss time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back