Music made for headphones
Feb 19, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
Ulver - Perdition City

it says so on the back: "this is music for the station before and after sleep. headphones and darkness recommended"

Love that disk.

Feb 19, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #18 of 25
esquivel: exploring sounds in stereo

this one REALLY is made for headphones. This crazy mexican experimented in stereo panning like it was an instrument.

it's good fun to listen to on headphones, it was like hearing it the first time and 'getting' what he was trying to do.

toodles!

Feb 19, 2004 at 6:44 AM Post #19 of 25
Hood and Mum sound fantastic on the cans. However the new M83 to me sounds better on speakers.... too much forward haze for headphones.

Feb 19, 2004 at 11:09 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by tomek
esquivel: exploring sounds in stereo

this one REALLY is made for headphones. This crazy mexican experimented in stereo panning like it was an instrument.

it's good fun to listen to on headphones, it was like hearing it the first time and 'getting' what he was trying to do.

toodles!

I just listen esquivel - for the first time - great (Brazil, Espana Cani, Anna, Baia, Mucha muchacha, mini skirt etc.
wink.gif
)

Feb 21, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by GuineaMcPig
Kid A, without a doubt. In fact, I'd say 99% of electronic music benefits from headphones. It can sound cold and uninvolving on speakers, but really mess with your head on 'phones.

Gotta agree with this one, on speakers it's just there, with way too much bass and absolutly no presence. Putting it in your head is what causes the trance effect.
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2004 at 7:27 AM Post #25 of 25
Jean Michael Jarre-"CHRONOLOGIE".

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back