Music like Initial D
Sep 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Maou Laharl

New Head-Fier
There's a awesome racing anime called Initial D. While the story is pretty standard and predictable, and the CGI race scenes haven't aged well...the music in fantastic. I'm wondering if anyone had any groups, cds, etc to recommend?  I think the genre is Eurobeat/techno. Best time to listen to it is when you want to pump yourself for something (study, running, motivation) and the worst time is driving (seriously, I feel like want to floor it whenever I play Initial D soundtrack).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not limitting recommendations to just Eurobeat type music, but something in general that would really pump one up for something. There's a certain bit of energy in the songs that I really can't explain...just makes me feel like I had a cup of coffee, shot of espresso, and a extra strength shot of 5 Hour Energy drink in one go after listening to it.

For those who are unfamiliar with the series (or type of music), here's some examples to reference:

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 16
It's Eurobeat, btw. While I can't recommend any other Eurobeat (because most of it is terrible) I will say that I love Initial D. One of my top 5 of all time anime wise. 

My friends and I listen to it fairly frequently while driving. It's so awesome.

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #7 of 16
You should check out Touhou eurobeat songs.  They are mostly in Japanese though.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=touhou+eurobeat

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #9 of 16
Thats wierd, after I watched all episodes, the action of the scenes actually made me want to start looking/listening to fast upbeat jrock. Not eurobeat music. But if you are willing to search, the japanese music is vast and is filled with these types of music

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #12 of 16
Check out Para Para music. Not sure if it's still popular in Japan or not. I was into it like a decade ago.
[VIDEO] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc1CWi6Jv8k&feature=youtube_gdata_player/[VIDEO]

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #13 of 16
Did you watch the dubbed series? They completely changed the music. 

Quote:
Thats wierd, after I watched all episodes, the action of the scenes actually made me want to start looking/listening to fast upbeat jrock. Not eurobeat music. But if you are willing to search, the japanese music is vast and is filled with these types of music

Have you watched the series? If not go for it. It's a personal favorite. Oh, and they're relaunching it soon. 

Initial D: Fifth Stage is the upcoming latest installment in the anime series. It has been announced that Animax will be broadcasting the series on their pay-per-view channel, Perfect Choice TV.[2] The first episode will air on November 4, 2012 and will broadcast two episodes per month.[2] Japanese J-rock band m.o.v.e will be performing the opening and ending themes.[3]

Quote:
So epic it was .... i am becoming a fan of Initial D ....
I want to know more about Initial D . Anyone help me??

Second. Also all the DJ Max OSTs. Mind you, none of these are actually Eurobeat, but they're absurdly good music.

Quote:
Bro i strongly recommend you to beatmania IIdx songs.. Its a japanese musical game but most of their songs is similar and the are awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back