Music is the answer! when will science show this to be a calculable fact of life .
May 16, 2010 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ib1dance

100+ Head-Fier
 The actual electronic audio gear,headphones etc that are reviewed on sites like head-fi.org are possible only because of our understanding of scientific principles,so then, using scientific instruments too measure the sound can tell us which headphones are better far more accurately than a human 'reviewer' .

Not that I'm saying a person has less of a sense for accurate measurement than a machine, but human history and our present actions show that many either do no understand or do not fully embrace logic.And I keep on reading completely contradictory reviews on the same headphones with answers like ' Sound is Subjective or it's a matter of preference .Which in real terms means a way of accurately measuring sound is not being used.

Now in reality those whom listen to rock music and are over 'teenage' need to grow up and dance!, hehe just kinda kidding but not really,your listening to sounds that will never give you the depth that electronic or similar percussive based genres can, purely because of their rhythmical structures  .But that's another debate, one based on me being correct and one based on your hormone levels being driven by a brain that can not comprehend that it's consciousness is  entirely Rhythm based .

Science brought us out of our animal heritage & gave us our tools that enabled us to build our community's.We could use these tools because nature had developed  us hands with the brain of how to use them.

I know music has the ability to bring us together no matter what we think we believe.

So then once we have all learned, firstly how to decipher & accept the truth in life, we can then all use these proved,measurable,logical facts that in the light of Truth make complete and balanced sense,to once and for all 

ALL AGREE :wink: & make this world something that the skeptics of a unified planet earth could not even comprehend in their wildest dreams .

Music ,especially Rhythmically intense sound, can move those whom have learned to listen in ways that make the progression of knowledge not so much a learning of new concepts but a redefine and remoulding of the base of what knowledge is founded upon.

Learning Rhythm is the next step in evolution .

This moving force that even modern science has not been able to fully fathom will bring about the next age in human development.Chance is the ingredient needed for strength & eventually a directed growth pattern and should not be misinterpreted as random probability as scientists do.

Life is not a roll of the dice.The next chapter of human history will be the beginning of a new species .The first animal/organism that has broken free from the usual pattern of growth and decay.

All then that is needed is a healthy environment for this new generation to live in.

Recycle :) follow natures laws ,that's all you can do ,though you are free to choose the laws that benefit you best, but only if you firstly learn them.

May 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 16
Man, get to the point, what do you want? 
etysmile.gif

May 17, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:
**** science, let's dance.

Hehe, thanks. I knew something like 5 words would do.

My opinion: I don't see a problem with dancing, except that I suck at it, but I prefer to be invited to dance in a club and not in a cave.

May 19, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
 And I keep on reading completely contradictory reviews on the same headphones with answers like ' Sound is Subjective or it's a matter of preference .Which in real terms means a way of accurately measuring sound is not being used.

Sound is not subjective but music, and how it is presented by a given pair of headphones, is.

May 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #6 of 16

Quote:

Sound is not subjective but music, and how it is presented by a given pair of headphones, is.

But why someone may ask? why bother ? what is the point in all this Jabber wonky nonsense .subjective blabber talk and words that go beyond 4 letters confuse me.

Now I'm not trying to be clever in fact pride of intellect is the height of ignorance. I just know what is needed for a harmonic world order.A new system,a new way of doing things, a change for the good.

And we need this change now more than ever.Sure days gone by of yesterday year when we can look back on the foolish nature of people fighting wars over copper,tin or some belief  and generally running a muck of this beautiful planet . But now modern society has given us a insight into the true workings of planet earth and it make sense,you burn things up on a massive Global scale your heading for Big big trouble.But still the silly people go on regardless as a little bit more of the polar region's shrinks away.The balance being tipped ever closer to a climate that we are not adapted to live in .

I look at my Young Daughter and think...? it should be so different.But a violent history has granted us a present where personal material gain has replaced community wealth.So after thousands of years of "civilised" human society morally speaking we have hardly moved.

Education is the only remedy for the sickness of violence,destruction & ignorance.So I will continue as others to find ways to change the majoritys direction.

But hey I go off topic and I'm sure some over inflated numpty who hates the idea of hugging a tree would much rather be reading about the latest gadget and how fast the next generation of future rust buckets will go , or be reading a news paper that feeds the miss information to the masses and tells them what decisions to choose from.

So music :)

When you understand music as brilliantly deep as I , you understand it is entirely based on pea green soup or rather soup is the logical format that can reveal the underlying nature of music  ,yes that beautiful wonderful sound has been given order by a pattern .A systematic rhythmical pattern of spaghetti and pea Green soup.
Allot of the music you hear will of been either made on a cooker hob, simmering away until all the goodness is mixed or as is the case with many traditional instrumental bands mastered using a microwave.

Logic is not subjective it is a constant .You can not say sugar is bitter and salt is sweet & that is my own particular taste .All you will be proving is your taste is being distorted .The sensations that your taste buds pick up  are relatively speaking ( compared to many observations of sound) unhampered by the imagination.Though some will like sugar more than others everyone using a correct method of using their sense of taste correctly will agree it's sweet.Everybody that's healthy taste, 'sweet', must be similar because it is part of what we were born with, food that tastes sweet in nature is usually safe to eat,we genetically inherited the facts of life.If we had been taught how to trust all these instincts we would not have confusion.

The ONLY thing in the human brain that is Subjective is the imagination & this is where all human conflict based on beliefs stems from .

Music is merely sound that humans have controlled/organized.All Audio gear including headphones are designed using scientific and cooking knowledge.If we apply that same knowledge to the 'reviewing' or testing of audio gear & cookers then logically the gear using the most accurate scientific principles based on achieving a harmonic or tasty pie value will control the sound musically as it was intended to be heard.The best musicians & chefs strive for harmony and audio quality not to mention nice tasting pea green soup.

Music can be said to be a matter of taste just like pea green soup & it would be easy for me to jump on the politically correct band wagon and say everybody is different.But we are not different,we all have fundamentally the same physical design.By using knowledge gained through tasting lots of pea green soup & musical experience we can learn that their are master music producers just as their are master chiefs.

Music is the answer for the mind and dance for the body ! .

FACT! But that of course does not means that others will  know this truth :frowning2: . It's a long long way logically than thinking in words yet I believe anyone whom knows what ' thinking out of the box ' means can eventually grasp the fundamentals of life & move on,evolve the mind.

May 20, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #7 of 16
"subjective blabber talk and [...] confuse me."
That clearly seems to be the case!

Funny / crazy quotes:
"Now I'm not trying to be clever in fact pride of intellect is the height of ignorance. I just know what is needed for a harmonic world order."
"When you understand music as brilliantly deep as I , you understand it is entirely based on pea green soup [...]"

Interesting / debatable quotes:
"The balance being tipped ever closer to a climate that we are not adapted to live in."
"Education is the only remedy for the sickness of violence, destruction & ignorance."
"A systematic rhythmical pattern of spaghetti and pea Green soup."

"[...] or be reading a news paper that feeds the miss information to the masses and tells them what decisions to choose from."
Replace "news paper" with "forum".
Are you a cynic?

Why is it so boring at work?

May 20, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
"subjective blabber talk and [...] confuse me."
That clearly seems to be the case!

Funny / crazy quotes:
"Now I'm not trying to be clever in fact pride of intellect is the height of ignorance. I just know what is needed for a harmonic world order."
"When you understand music as brilliantly deep as I , you understand it is entirely based on pea green soup [...]"

Interesting / debatable quotes:
"The balance being tipped ever closer to a climate that we are not adapted to live in."
"Education is the only remedy for the sickness of violence, destruction & ignorance."
"A systematic rhythmical pattern of spaghetti and pea Green soup."

"[...] or be reading a news paper that feeds the miss information to the masses and tells them what decisions to choose from."
Replace "news paper" with "forum".
Are you a cynic?

Why is it so boring at work?

To me it sounds like his posts are auto-generated from the program that those folks used awhile back (successfully) to auto-generate college application essays. Either that or he's writing by dictionary and thesaurus alone without any linear thought pattern.

May 21, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #9 of 16
Goddamnit, why is all the hilariously stupid stuff posted while I'm studying? Do this stuff now, when I'm done!

Quote:
But why someone may ask? why bother ? what is the point in all this Jabber wonky nonsense .subjective blabber talk and words that go beyond 4 letters confuse me.

Is that why you've got Thesaurus.com hotkeyed?

Now I'm not trying to be clever in fact pride of intellect is the height of ignorance. I just know what is needed for a harmonic world order.A new system,a new way of doing things, a change for the good.

"I'm not trying to sound smart, but only I understand how to obtain eternal bliss."

And we need this change now more than ever.Sure days gone by of yesterday year when we can look back on the foolish nature of people fighting wars over copper,tin or some belief  and generally running a muck of this beautiful planet .

Lord knows we don't need natural resources to improve human well-being. If you think we're no better off now than the middle ages, then you must be sick with the plague.

But now modern society has given us a insight into the true workings of planet earth and it make sense,you burn things up on a massive Global scale your heading for Big big trouble.But still the silly people go on regardless as a little bit more of the polar region's shrinks away.The balance being tipped ever closer to a climate that we are not adapted to live in .

And the answer to global warming, folks? Music!

I look at my Young Daughter and think...?

"Why the hell did I procreate? And with who again?"

it should be so different.But a violent history has granted us a present where personal material gain has replaced community wealth.So after thousands of years of "civilised" human society morally speaking we have hardly moved.

You watch too much E! News.

Education is the only remedy for the sickness of violence,destruction & ignorance.So I will continue as others to find ways to change the majoritys direction.

Educate me, he who wishes not to flaunt his "intelligence"!

But hey I go off topic

What topic?

and I'm sure some over inflated numpty who hates the idea of hugging a tree would much rather be reading about the latest gadget and how fast the next generation of future rust buckets will go ,

News flash: You are on a forum dedicated to headphones.

or be reading a news paper that feeds the miss information to the masses and tells them what decisions to choose from.

Instead, buy into my neo-hippie crap, because free thought is so 60s.

So music :)

Wait, is this the inkling of a point I see?

When you understand music as brilliantly deep as I ,

"a man who dares not flaunt his intelligence,"

you understand it is entirely based on pea green soup

Mom, I'm 20! I'll eat my peas if I want to!

or rather soup is the logical format that can reveal the underlying nature of music  ,yes that beautiful wonderful sound has been given order by a pattern .

It's Alphabet soup.

A systematic rhythmical pattern of spaghetti and pea Green soup.
Allot of the music you hear will of been either made on a cooker hob, simmering away until all the goodness is mixed or as is the case with many traditional instrumental bands mastered using a microwave.

"But never, as is my preference, recorded using rocks and conspicuously microphone-shaped mushroom growths."

Logic is not subjective it is a constant .

"Logic" is being eaten up faster than the ozone layer.

You can not say sugar is bitter and salt is sweet & that is my own particular taste .All you will be proving is your taste is being distorted .The sensations that your taste buds pick up  are relatively speaking ( compared to many observations of sound) unhampered by the imagination.Though some will like sugar more than others everyone using a correct method of using their sense of taste correctly will agree it's sweet.Everybody that's healthy taste, 'sweet', must be similar because it is part of what we were born with, food that tastes sweet in nature is usually safe to eat,we genetically inherited the facts of life.If we had been taught how to trust all these instincts we would not have confusion.

Our senses are outdated. Ever wonder why America is so obese? Because sweet tastes sweet. Sugar and carbohydrates were more of a rarity in the days of hunters and gatherers. Salt is a flavor enhancer because it was hard to come by. Now that the miracle of modernization has blessed us with the ability to eat things other than that which is found on bushes, our eating habits haven't evolved to match. Is that a fault of modernization, or a fault of evolution?

The ONLY thing in the human brain that is Subjective is the imagination & this is where all human conflict based on beliefs stems from .

Naw. I think that has more to do with resources, like you just freakin' mentioned earlier in your post. Your sense of purpose is the fault of your imagination.

Music is merely sound that humans have controlled/organized.

Music is rhythm. Well, the good music is. Music can be found anywhere, organized or not. But only humans recognize the rhythm of it. Because of, I dunno, imagination? Naw.

All Audio gear including headphones are designed using scientific and cooking knowledge.

George Foreman headphones. This crap could work. Like the Beats.

If we apply that same knowledge to the 'reviewing' or testing of audio gear & cookers then logically the gear using the most accurate scientific principles based on achieving a harmonic or tasty pie value will control the sound musically as it was intended to be heard.The best musicians & chefs strive for harmony and audio quality not to mention nice tasting pea green soup.

Your analogy lacks something. Coherence.

Music can be said to be a matter of taste just like pea green soup & it would be easy for me to jump on the politically correct band wagon and say everybody is different.But we are not different,we all have fundamentally the same physical design.

Lord, I hope not.

By using knowledge gained through tasting lots of pea green soup & musical experience we can learn that their are master music producers just as their are master chiefs.

There's good music and bad music. Congratulations? I know see your brilliance.

Music is the answer for the mind and dance for the body ! .

Where the hell did this come from? Definitely not from that "analogy".

FACT!

Fiction!

But that of course does not means that others will  know this truth :frowning2: .

There, there. You're just misunderstood.

It's a long long way logically than thinking in words

Oh, that's why it doesn't make sense. Here I thought I was just not following.

yet I believe anyone whom knows what ' thinking out of the box '

"There is no spoon/box."

means can eventually grasp the fundamentals of life & move on,evolve the mind.

So my previous summary holds true? **** science, let's dance!

May 21, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #10 of 16
^ Thank you head injury for injecting some real intelligence into this thread. I was unable to leave this thread due to my mind slowly going numb from sheer overload of bs causing me to go to sleep.

Aug 15, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #11 of 16
I apologise if previously I may of come across has being arrogant but this was intentional to give the thread a little fire.

I'm well aware that many will & Do deny the obvious ,like looking in a mirror and not seeing the primate/mammal that you so obviously  are.

Lets simply look how  physical reality works and how we have evolved/adapted to live within our physical environment.

Try putting the imagination to aside for a short while.Though for those whom fabricate their perception of reality on the imagined, this could prove to be difficult and could even cause physiological problems.So take it easy :).And bear in mind that 'believing' in something will not alter 'True' reality .If you have a healthy balanced lifestyle you are already on the right route .

Many spend much of their existence using Time as a general Guide.What is "Time" how how did it come about?.

Time is actually a illusion in essence. In fact the correct use of the word would be "Timing".It is the Timing of the planets,our earth's orbit around the sun & the earth's revolution,that has given humanity it's sense of time.

Music is ALL about timing/Rhythm.When you hear a sound that sounds "Musical" it is because the individual elements of that sound are all harmonizing ,all in time relative to one another.

A drummer must play relatively in time and all the other Instruments must follow that timing for it to sound pleasing.

Of course timing as everything else in this existence is purely relative.Too much control or timing and the music can begin to sound like a machine and not so 'natural' ,natural as the music most humans are used/adapted to hearing.I.E - music made by people playing "live" Instruments.Though they are all playing 'in time' together,relative to computer generated music their 'Time' can be very irregular .

In essence once you begin to accept the Facts for what they are and not what you want them to be,everything can be understood to be a Rhythm .

It is not merely by pure chance that you have a heart beat!Though you are very lucky if that beat is healthy and strong,  cherish it.

Every living thing wants to survive one way or another.

In timing ALL Humans will Dance.In fact they all ready do,relatively speaking,  a dance is simply physically moving in time.

Aug 15, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #13 of 16
3 observations:

1. The OP does have a right to say what he wants.

2. The Sound science forum is not the place for this sort of thread. Perhaps it can be moved to the Member's lounge?

3. Pea soup gives me gas.

Aug 18, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
While it's fairly entertaining, what would you make of melody and harmony, which are to me as important to music as rhythm?

Quote a wise person from our past .Who held strong to reason & logic even though many of his peers ridiculed his POV

Charles Darwin

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."

(Obviously a quote from his time , in our modern time we generally should be able to understand that science gives us our hierarchy above the rest of the animals.In fact it was our first understanding of physics that enables humans to make and use the very first tools.

Without science you would just be another naked animal.But   Evolution branched a species with a Big brain.

Once you understand that brain, knowledge then becomes very progressive, a quickening of consciousness. A Harmonic Sub consciousness .

To quote a dictionary

"rhythm

1. movement or procedure with uniform or patterned recurrence of a beat, accent, or the like.

2. Music . a. the pattern of regular or irregular pulses caused in music by the occurrence of strong and weak melodic and harmonic beats.

b. a particular form of this: duple rhythm; triple rhythm.

3. measured movement, as in dancing.

4. Art, Literature . a patterned repetition of a motif, formal element, etc., at regular or irregular intervals in the same or a modified form."

melody and harmony is Rhythm!

It is not my point of view that dictates that the earth is now traveling around a Hot  Giant  we call a Sun.
It is not my POV that Dictates that every sound is produced by a vibrating Body.
It is not my point of view that Dictates that you are a vibrating body.

It is not my point of view that you can enhance your vibration through music and dance.

Hope that Helps.

I have no more to say on this matter .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back