Music in shower?
May 18, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 30
That's pretty good file compression if 400GB can fit onto a 2GB mp3 player.
I've seen few setups what I said in the first reply, but they're quite expensive. Speakers and amps aren't expensive but the UI and control system behind it are. You could have something like a Squeezebox, controlled via a waterproof system, perhaps waterproof IR, and SB is behind a sealed screen, need to figure out condensation issue. But quite cheap.

May 18, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 30
open car door, turn up stereo.
bust a fire hydrant, shower in it.
or the thing mark suggested I guess, if you choose to live your life that way.

[size=xx-small]although, make sure you wash your ears as well to prevent excessive wax buildup if you are going to wear earbuds in the shower.[/size]

May 18, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 30
And a pants one. Home audio means entire music collection, not copying new albums everytime you want to listen to something. Also by setting up the bathroom any other room could be added easily as the system is already there.

As for the waterproof touchscreen, something with a HTTP protocol would be easiest, that way just point to Slim Center server. Use the Nokia skin, job done. Squeezebox and amp could be in a adjoining room so won't get moisture, with a hole in the wall for the speaker cable into cavity for the waterproof speakers.

May 18, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #8 of 30
there are a lot of 5 star hotels with speakers in bath. Im not saying inside the shower but pretty near.
I was thinking of mounting some car speakers on the roof of my bath, connecting to the line B, of the amplifier in the next room, pretty simple no?

May 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #9 of 30
Pump music through your speaker system, very loud (not in bathroom). Take shower (in bathroom). Hear music coming from very loud speaker in other room. Why people make things so complicated?
tongue_smile.gif

Edit: Also it seems like your 400 GB of mp3 every morning will be some very long showers. So you will need a very nice hot water heater and some way to keep from turning to a prune. This might be much harder than the music thing.

May 19, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #11 of 30
Tivoli's PAL radios are weather resistant and sound good for a small box. Don't put it in the tub, but it could sit happily on the counter. Add the streamer of your choice--Slim, Roku, iPod touch + Simplify Media and push play. No remodeling required.

May 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #12 of 30
get a cheap ipod dock

load up a small ipod with your favorite songs

play music

that's as cheap as you can get

buy a used nano or something so if condensation ruins it, you won't feel like it was a big loss

May 19, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #13 of 30
1. Buy some outdoor speakers.
2. Set speakers on the counter.
3. Run speaker cables under the door/through the wall/ceiling whatever.
3b. If running cables through stuff and you are paranoid about water damage; seal with caulking.
4. Turn up tunes.
5. Proceed to dance in shower.

May 19, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #14 of 30
Moving into an expensive apartment building. I don't think blasting my speakers is going to go over very well
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rempert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pump music through your speaker system, very loud (not in bathroom). Take shower (in bathroom). Hear music coming from very loud speaker in other room. Why people make things so complicated?
tongue_smile.gif

Edit: Also it seems like your 400 GB of mp3 every morning will be some very long showers. So you will need a very nice hot water heater and some way to keep from turning to a prune. This might be much harder than the music thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back