Music Hall MMF CD-25 in Chicagoland
Sep 27, 2002 at 6:02 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
You should come into the city one weekend and I'll take you to some shops

Thanks for the offer, I'm quite low on time lately (read last 10 years), work, business, wife, home, not in any particular order
smily_headphones1.gif
Will need to squeeze in some time for fun. Music is one of my hobbies which doesn't involve computers which take up a major part of my life. I always enjoyed good music and quality equipment but it wasn't until the beginning of this year when I started to get more serious with it and I definitely enjoy it. Photography is another area I need to get in to more, got the equipment but no time. You would not by any chance work downtown Chicago? Andy (Andrew Pielet) is one of the head-fiers who work downtown as do I. I would not be surprised if there are more of us working around this area
smily_headphones1.gif
We could all get together for lunch with our portable rigs, "look at those headphone 'freaks' at that table!"
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2002 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 21
I'm going over to Holm Audio this saturday morning. They don't have the Creek OBH11 SE on display so I will have to drag my but along with my cans and cables it will be a better way to compare anyway. I might take some hardware home to demo for a few days. Can't wait!
On the dark side, my wife is starting to get more insistent on upgrading her diamond engagement ring
frown.gif
I fill it will cut in to my toy budget quite a bit
frown.gif
Maybe I can hold her off until I get my toys first
wink.gif
But once she gets her new toys, she won't be able to say much about my new toys
biggrin.gif
Life!

Sep 27, 2002 at 8:11 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
Oh, how i hate CD's

Vinyl is on the list, soon
smily_headphones1.gif
Already started collecting LPs

Sep 27, 2002 at 9:34 PM Post #20 of 21
Hey Darius,
Saturday audio exchange carries the MMF-25. They just moved to Belmont a block West of the El. I haven't seen their new location, but the owner (Andy) says its bigger than before. There is also a location in Evanston on Dempster. If you talk to Andy, he will let you do an at home audition. They also carry Sota TT's, MMF TT's, and music fidelity systems. Other than that, the are kind of a entry hi-fi used/demo/blemished items kind of store. I plan on doing an audition of the MMF-25 as well. By the way, thanks for the minidiscs.

Oct 3, 2002 at 8:18 PM Post #21 of 21
I have auditioned the player over the weekend. Very impressed and actually liked it better then Rega Planet 2000. It sounded closer to the Rega Jupiter but I prefer the Music Hall. And the price is a bit lower
biggrin.gif

I have found a dealer in Canada who sells the Shanling CD-S100 version. The USD price with shipping is $420!
biggrin.gif
And as added bonus it comes with the cool looking remote, not the ugly Music Hall version
biggrin.gif
I talked to Kevin at http://www.harmonia-audio.com/ (Mention Darius from Chicago send you)

I will post a small review of the player soon
smily_headphones1.gif

CD-S100-Remote.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back