Music Hall Maverick SACD Player
Mar 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jaytee61

New Head-Fier
Is anyone familiar with this unit that I believe is from about 03-04? The reason I ask is that I have the opportunity to purchase one for not that much money. I know it received good reviews back then so I know it's a quality piece. The deal is that I own about 2000 mostly redbook CD's and I'd like to extract as much out of them as possible. I would be using the coax out in to my DAC. My CD's are usually played through my MAC then into my DAC. Just curious if there would be an improvement in SQ with a high quality player such as the Maverick as opposed to the MAC. Thanks for the input...

Mar 24, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #2 of 2
Well I guess by the zero response that no one owns one or has any experience with this one. I needed some info by tomorrow since I will possibly be purchasing this unit then. I can get it for about 3 bills if that helps. Sold for 15. Has Burr Brown PCM1738 24bit/192khz DAC and a Sony KHM 234AAA laser head. Also has separate xfrmrs for the PS in an all aluminum chassis. I'm aware of the ver2. I would be only using this as a transport using the coax out. Just kind of needed that extra bit of persuasion to confirm that I'm not making a big mistake. Or is there a better alternative other than a OPPO 95? Thanks...JT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back