Music + FPS Gaming: Sennheiser HD600 vs HD660S
Nov 17, 2018 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zakazak

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I currently own a pair of Sennheiser HD600 that I have been using for several years in order to listen to music (classical, jazz, electronic, rock, pop, basically everything if the source quality is decent) and playing fps games on a high level (nationscup, price money events,....).

At the moment I am living in two different countries and travel between my two flats weekly. So I will need another pair of headphones and wondered if I should get the better(?) HD660S. That way I would keep the better HD660S in the flat that I am mostly at and the HD600 in the other flat.

The question is: Are the HD660S any better than the HD600 in terms of sound quality, pin pointing noise ingame, etc... ?

I will most likely drive them with NFB 11 or R2R.

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 3
Take HD660. HD600 is really bad for movies. It also need laidback dac or amp cause mids are too forward. Its actually case for both, but HD660 have better techicalities and lot better bass.

Nov 18, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 3
I have both (& the others here atm). I love my HD660s if i could only own 1 it'd be those so thats my vote, heres some short insight into them:

I do find the HD600 is nicer for music in general (all kinds as you are already aware i suspect). The hd600 you can game in them & while good accurate imaging lack depth making them not as good as other headphones for certain FPS games, This said games like Escape from tarkov its not bad with.... i could go on but since you own them i'll skip to the HD660s.

The HD660s has a soundstage, accurate imaging with depth, Its clear & detailed, now music might not as detailed as the Hd600 but its still Very detailed but a lot of that is lost in the soundstage & your ears often fail to focus through on those details! Defintly has a lot of quality to the sound & Its a gaming king!

So with gaming the HD660s have a fairly natural sound, just enough immersiveness (bit bigger would of been better) & Pin Point accurate imaging & depth to it in games!
I've tested many headphones in games, also currently retesting & nothings beaten the HD660s in gaming yet!

Just a note the HD58X since it will come up, it has a more "dynamic" sound signature than the others (bassy), it has the HD660s soundstage but not the imaging! its imaging is different not just in sounds but in the amount e.g. HD660s pin point small balls of sound in any direction compared to the HD58X is larger areas of sound so the HD58X ends up very left right sounding in games. The games each excells at would be: HD660s arma/cs:go/cod/escape from tarkov. HD58X Battlefield, Destiny/2, fortnite. Mmo/RPG both are about the same depends if you want a more dynamtic sound with larger ambiance sounds or a more natural sound to the games audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back