music for the "first time"
Feb 8, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #16 of 39
Silence is probably the best music for an occasion like this and moreover, I don't think any song could live up to it anyway. Besides, there's not always a cd player at hand.

Feb 8, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Hmm I would have picked another song from that album, "Burnin' Up," just listen to those lyrics, oh yeah!

One of my friends has serious trouble listening to ram it down after I told him about the exact nature of halfords orientation
wink.gif

I was quite amused!

Hard as Iron is quite funny
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #18 of 39
i challenge everyone here to try it to this album. if you can make it past the very first line (see sig) without bursting into hysterical laughter, you will feel like a bona fide p*rn $tar.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by blip
The other, truer one is too humiliating to be named.

That was going to be my answer as well.

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #20 of 39
placebo - pure morning.

but if I'd got to PICK, it would've been pulp - this is hardcore. sigh, a missed opportunity there.

btw, if anyone's disappointed after reading aeriyn's .sig, *I* like boys and internet relationships, and I've been reliably informed I'm hideously immature.
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #21 of 39
Neutral Milk Hotel - IN THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA.

Her choice.. yea, she was f'in nuts.

Took me a while until I could listen to that album again..

Not that it was bad.. it's just. well, nevermind.

-jar

Feb 8, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
One of my friends has serious trouble listening to ram it down after I told him about the exact nature of halfords orientation
wink.gif

I was quite amused!

Hard as Iron is quite funny
biggrin.gif

I think there were other songs before "Ram it Down" that gave some clues, though, it's much easier to see in hindsight..

"Hell Bent for Leather" .. I mean, come on.

Rob could have been a member of the Village People for christ's sake, I mean, he totally looked the part..

I guess the thing was for me, is that it never even occured to me that the lead singer for a heavy metal band would be gay.

But, now it all makes sense...

On a side note, I did hear the remastered "Out in the Cold" from the box set on Sunday.. it was the first time I had heard that song (the studio version) in YEARS.. man, all those memories came back... and even though it's so completely processed to hell and back, it still sounded great to me. I had to laugh, but I singing along with the solos.. knew every note.

-jar

Feb 8, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #23 of 39
There was no music my first time, but I remember Toni Braxton's first (I think?) album repeating a few times on one of my more memorable conquests!

icon10.gif

Actually, she was team Girl-Fi, but was experimenting with the dark side for a while
basshead.gif

Oh those were the days!

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #25 of 39
It's funny, you never know where a topic like this will go ala the Rob Halford discussion.

What you did to what music could potentially at least generationally date you. Though in my case, it would be misleading. Van Morrison was part of her father's music collection.

My current GF first time song was "shook me all night long" by AC DC.

BTW: I did not strictly define what first time was......though the interpretation was the same for all apparently.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #26 of 39
absolute silence. don't want to break concentration and miss any interesting human-made noises. natural aural enhancement is exciting enough for your first time, or should be. stop desensitzing one's ears/expectations with p r 0 n I say!

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #27 of 39
oh, i'm dense. my original post missed the point of the thread. hmmm... my first time, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have made it through a full song.
redface.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
absolute silence. don't want to break concentration and miss any interesting human-made noises. natural aural enhancement is exciting enough for your first time, or should be. stop desensitzing one's ears/expectations with p r 0 n I say!

I actually agree with you. I guess I should have been more specific and said the music leading up to... Once engaged, it could have been Ride of the Valkaries and I would not have noticed
rolleyes.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
NIN - "Closer"

evil_smiley.gif
I bet she really loves you...

If there was any music my first time I can't remember. I usually prefer quiet though.

Feb 8, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #30 of 39
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but there's a really big problem here - none of the songs you proposed is longer than 5 minutes. That's quite a bit shorter than how long it takes for mentioned activity (well, usually, anyway). I'm sure the effects wear off after the fifth repeat or something.

If I may suggest Beethoven's "Moonlight" and "Pathetique" piano sonatas. They add up to about 30 minutes, but you can put it on repeat disc.
icon10.gif

On the other hand, "Moondance" is an excellent song for getting into the mood.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back