Music file help, please --- Solved kind of...
Oct 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vipervick

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Running into a problem of sorts. Originally I had ripped all of my cd's with iTunes into m4v format, mainly due to ignorance. I hate that I can't use mp3 Gain to normalize the volume disparity between all of my music. HATE HATE HATE when one song is loud then the next is quiet. Especially when I am riding my Harley. iPod line out to the Harmon-Kardon deck.

I had begun re-ripping all of my cd's using EAC. I used the LAME encoder for mp3 compression for my iPod and kept the wav files as an archive to play on my PC. I have tons of storage so don't care about FLAC or lossless. I have the original wav.

Now, I just installed Foobar 2000 so I can listen on my PC. But, the artist/album... yada... info is not there. I tried using Foobar to get the id3 tags from freedb, but it never works.

Is there a way to tag at least my mp3's???

Update

Bah, I have to do each album separately. Yuck!!! Was hoping for a batch operation. It is tagging the wav files too.

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 5
Any help??? EAC already ripped the CD's and placed the Band, Album and Song names. Why the hell isn't there any id3 info?

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #4 of 5
If you mean to tag the .WAV files, don't bother--It's not a part of the file format.  The best you can do is have an appropriate file name.

I've never had issues using EAC => FLAC and tagging, and the built-in album art and tracklist search has generally been quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back