Music festivals: Worldwide
May 14, 2009 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

tru blu

Headphoneus Supremus
Question: Does anyone know of any good music festivals happening between June and December 2009? Can be on any continent, and feature any style of music from rock and classical to jazz and world music. I've heard there's an excellent electronica/dance music event coming up in Barcelona (SONAR) and a celebration of sacred music in Fes, Morocco (I think U2 attended a few years ago). Just looking to broaden my horizons a bit.

May 14, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 14
To bad on the dates. two of best just ended
new orleans jazz and Heritage fest and Ultra Music 11 in Miami Beach.

May 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 14
May 14, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 14
Chicago Blues Festival — World’s largest free blues festival

The 26th annual Chicago Blues Festival takes place in Grant Park on June 12th through June 14th on five stages spread out around the Petrillo Bandshell on the corner of Jackson and Columbus.

It is the world’s largest free blues festival, providing music each day from noon until 9:30PM.

Blues Festival : ChicagoFestivals.net

14chicagobynightatthebl.jpg

449273height370width560.jpg

39782042.jpg

May 14, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 14
Thanx, cats!…keep 'em coming. That Glade jam seems especially hype. I'm wondering what's happening Down Under in Australia and other places Far East. I just found out about a jazz festival in Katmandu…it's in October.

May 16, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question: Does anyone know of any good music festivals happening between June and December 2009? Can be on any continent, and feature any style of music from rock and classical to jazz and world music. I've heard there's an excellent electronica/dance music event coming up in Barcelona (SONAR) and a celebration of sacred music in Fes, Morocco (I think U2 attended a few years ago). Just looking to broaden my horizons a bit.

Sorry dude, I've got nothing for you, but it sounds like you've got some serious ants in your pants.
normal_smile .gif
I think you should go to Africa. Probably Dakar. You won't need a festival -- just go see all the hotel bands.

May 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bonnaroo
Here you go.

Bonnaroo is a lot of fun, but I'd recommend going with a group of friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back