Music Festivals: General Tips
May 20, 2008 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Brian loves music

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if people had any general tips for how to most enjoy a music festival. I'm going to the Hurricane festival in northern germany and wanna make sure things go smoothly.

info about camping, gerneral conduct, how to get front row for the bands you like, whether or not you can sneak up, how to move from one stage to another would be apprecaited

thanks

anyone else going to any music festivals?

May 20, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 2
I've only gone to daily festivals so I can't comment on camping. Make sure you know the itinerary beforehand, i.e. which bands will be performing on what stage and at what time, then plan accordingly.

If you must be up front for a particular band (and I'm talking right up front since you mentioned first row), plan on getting there really early before the gates open. Plant yourself right in front of the stage and plan on staying there for the duration (at least until the band you want to see plays).

There is no way you will have the luxury of moving around to see the various bands and then expect to get right up front for the one you want to see. You can probably get close, but don't plan on being right up front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back