Music Direct- open box specials; worth it?
Oct 26, 2017 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ron Sherwood

New Head-Fier
Anyone ever purchase an "open box" special from Music Direct?

I get e-mails from time to time from them advertising some pretty good deals. Not sure if the items are returns, demos or new old stock and what condition and how much use they would already have.

Anyone ever gone this route and care to share your results?

thanks,
ron

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 12
I was looking at the site yesterday as well, they have a really good deals! One of them being ELAC Uni-FI BS U5 Slim speakers regularly priced at $750, on sale for $599 with open box at $550. Last night I decided to stick with my original plan and ordered the SVS Ultra Bookshelf speakers.
That said I have only bought tubes from them in the past with no issues but never an open box item.

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 12
they don't sell to outside of USA .

Nov 12, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #7 of 12
Is this low price on the HD800 because the HD820 is just around the corner?
By the way, I've bought from Music Direct for many years and have always liked them a lot and never had a problem.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #9 of 12
Music Direct is great. Mark there is a big headphone guy who's also here on HeadFi (spacing on his username).

They have a great return policy even on open-box, demo items, and their customer service in general is top notch.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #11 of 12
They are great guys to talk to over the phone as well. Mark always steers me right on headphone stuff and Chris and Bes are great vinyl gurus, and Brian Walsh is a great new team member there (I haven't had the chance to interact with many other folks there). I get super recs from them and valuable advice.

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #12 of 12
Received my 2nd pair (1st pair had problem with right mounting bolt, so Chris sent me a replacement pair immediaetly).

Great googly moogly.
These are astonishing. Just listened for a few hours (CD transport----DAC/pre----HD800). Call me impressed.

Helluva deal and great service from Music Direct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back