Music as torture (fun topic)
Sep 27, 2022 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DiscoProJoe

100+ Head-Fier
I saw this article earlier today and thought it'd make for a......splendid......pleasant......sugar-and-spice-and-all-that's-nice......relaxing and interesting discussion! :joy:

Here's the fun topic: if you were a little-bit sadistic and sociopathic, and if you were working at an infamous prison, and your job was to play music through the wall speakers in the jail cells in order to torture the prisoners, what would you play? Would you put it on repeat for days and weeks at a time?

And occasionally, if you could speak some B.S. through the microphone to scare the inmates even further with the music playing, what would you yap?

I guess if that were me, then my first choice would be to play a creepy, slowed-down version of the nu-metal song "Dig" by Mudvayne. It'd be played at half-tape-speed so it sounds like a bunch of big monsters yelling. (This one would actually make for awesome background music on Halloween at a haunted house!)

You can hear this slowed-down playback at this link:

https://tinyurl.com/4xeyp2dz

...and should be able to play it directly from your web browser.

Can you imagine having to endure that...with it on repeat for several days? :scream:

Here's one more idea: the neo-classical epic song "White Witch" by Two Steps From Hell (played at normal speed).

I think a more-fitting title for this track would be "Torturous Gory Public Execution at the Colosseum." The sound of the bell is really something, starting at a minute into the song!

So, if I were a slightly-sadistic prison guard, then I'd first play this song a couple of times. Then, with it continuing to repeat, I'd grab a mic and spew a bunch of B.S. with an ominous, villainous voice tone, such as...

"Soon...each one of you will be taken to Hard Rock Stadium in Miami...where you'll be given a torturous gory public execution...in front of 100,000 people in the stands...all roaring with pleasure as they watch....

(I'd then go into excruciatingly graphic detail about it.) Finally, I'd blabber...

"...And then, at the conclusion of this awesome execution spectacle, what they're gonna do next is take each one of your severed heads, hold each one of them up on a stick, and parade them around the streets of the city...with massive cheering crowds on both sides of the streets, going, 'Yeahhhhhhhhh!'

"That's the kind of justice you're gonna get."

(I'd leave this song repeating for at least several hours afterward to let those gory thoughts sink in...)

Anyway, everyone...hahahahaha......I know it's a bit early for Halloween since it's still September right now, but, give us your ideas for any songs and stuff you could play to "torture" people. Would you play the Nyan Cat song, for example? :ksc75smile:

Let's see what fun stuff we can all think of.

(And please don't make this a political topic; let's keep this about music and drama, and with a tongue-in-cheek edge to go with it.)

Fire away with your funny ideas!

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #2 of 4
Wham! Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back