Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Mar 24, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #602 of 1,175
Is there already a way to do some eq without root and / or using neutron or uapp? I need more bass on Spotify and in quad dac section there is only a few predefined sets of eq and "bass" is not that good for me (need some tweaking).

Check the suggestion in the XDA thread linked below:

How-To add LG's Equalizer to your Hifi Quad Dac Sound Section

I haven't tried it myself, but the OP claims it works without root. Real simple too. You must be on the latest OS update, though, which contains the needed DTS framework under the hood. Some V30 variants may not have it yet.

Of course the Parametric EQ in UAPP (an in-app purchase) gets good reviews too, but that won't help with Spotify.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #603 of 1,175
This is pretty great.

Re Equalizer.

Thanks for bringing attention to this app.
I have been through a good few equalizer apps to use with lossy streaming apps like Deezer and Spotify.
None have been quite as good as this with it’s greater control. Interface is a bit whacky and takes getting use to. I also like the FX option to add surround effect. It’s subtly done which isn’t often the case.

Highly Recommend this Equalizer app over others.

A9D4C7C0-CB01-4AE2-A735-58C22E61EE71.jpeg

Mar 24, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #604 of 1,175
Check the suggestion in the XDA thread linked below:

How-To add LG's Equalizer to your Hifi Quad Dac Sound Section

I haven't tried it myself, but the OP claims it works without root. Real simple too. You must be on the latest OS update, though, which contains the needed DTS framework under the hood. Some V30 variants may not have it yet.

Of course the Parametric EQ in UAPP (an in-app purchase) gets good reviews too, but that won't help with Spotify.

Haha .. just missed your post.

Going to give that a shot too.

Mar 24, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #605 of 1,175
Haha .. just missed your post.

Going to give that a shot too.

One of the benefits of LG's equalizer is that it is implemented in the DAC as part of the conversion. Or possibly just before the digital stream is passed to the DAC. So there won't be any quality degradation from aggregate manipulations in the digital domain. Of course there will always be some degradation anytime EQ is used, or any other manipulation. That is unavoidable. But I can understand why sometimes it is desirable, or even necessary.

Mar 24, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #606 of 1,175
One of the benefits of LG's equalizer is that it is implemented in the DAC as part of the conversion. Or possibly just before the digital stream is passed to the DAC. So there won't be any quality degradation from aggregate manipulations in the digital domain. Of course there will always be some degradation anytime EQ is used, or any other manipulation. That is unavoidable. But I can understand why sometimes it is desirable, or even necessary.

Unfortunately doesn’t seem to work on my European rooted H930 model. There is no sounds option in the menu after reboot.

I had a quick look on XDA and it’s seems to do with no DTS framework implemented in this models firmware as yet.

I guess it will be Re Equalizer for now plus Toneboosters parametric equ within UAPP.

Mar 24, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #607 of 1,175
Unfortunately doesn’t seem to work on my European rooted H930 model. There is no sounds option in the menu after reboot.

I had a quick look on XDA and it’s seems to do with no DTS framework implemented in this models firmware as yet.

I guess it will be Re Equalizer for now plus Toneboosters parametric equ within UAPP.

That was quick! Yes, I too read that the European H930 is one of the models that haven't received the DTS framework update yet. Thank you for confirming. Hopefully it will come soon.

If others are able to confirm it's working on their V30 models -- and delivers good SQ -- that would be great.

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #608 of 1,175
As far as Android mobile phone equalizer apps are concerned, anything that works with MQA files (particularly Tidal)? As all these equalizers deal with the digital stream, and MQA won't unfold properly if the digital stream is messed with, I am at a loss...

Mar 25, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #610 of 1,175
I don't believe you can use 3rd party app eq while playing mqa. At least when I play mqa via tidal, you're not even allowed to use lg's build in eq setups. Probably it is due to the fact that mqa is supposed to be played as it was mastered in studio, no messing with sound allowed.
Thanks, yeah I have heard/seen that, and I can, sort of, understand it... my problem is the “played as it was mastered” part... ultimately while the bits may be converted faithfully, the differences in audio gear, and in the hearing of individuals, makes this a very pointless exercise, because it almost certainly won’t be HEARD the same way as by the sound engineer. No, won’t get into an MQA is or isn’t the spawn of Beelzebub debate, or into the EQ is impure debate :). Maybe one day these small DAPs will be able to fit the hardware for EQ after the DAC stage (if someone already does this would love to know!).

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #611 of 1,175
Wondering if someone with experience can help out as my experience with Android is limited.

Today I connected the V30 to the external mini M-DAC using a newly ordered USB C to micro usb cable. I was hoping to use UAPP UPNP Renderer feature to play tracks remotely.

Something strange started happening straight away - the phone was charging the M-DAC which has a built in battery for optional use as a portable device. The M-DAC itself was plugged into an AC supply. I had expected the M-DAC to communicate as well as charge the phone simultaneously.

When I first connected the the M-DAC to the phone, Android bought up some permission prompts to which I quickly ticked enable/allow/yes without checking each carefully.
Maybe I selected something wrong there ? Can it be reset ?

When I go to the USB Connection options dialogue I see that Power Supply mode is automatically selected when the DAC is plugged in. When I change it to Charging or other options it quickly reverts back to Power supply mode.

Any ideas what is going on ? Cable issue ?
My phone is rooted so maybe a XDA util can help force the ISB mode to charging ?

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #612 of 1,175
Can someone link me to a high impedance adapter that I can order? I read the spoiler in the first post and did order and receive a right angle short extension. But, the high impedance adapter that I also ordered (both thru Amazon) never shipped.

So, not real sure exactly what I'm looking for, can someone help me out here with a good specific link (not real good at ordering things on line)
Thx.

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #613 of 1,175
Can someone link me to a high impedance adapter that I can order? I read the spoiler in the first post and did order and receive a right angle short extension. But, the high impedance adapter that I also ordered (both thru Amazon) never shipped.

So, not real sure exactly what I'm looking for, can someone help me out here with a good specific link (not real good at ordering things on line)
Thx.
What will you be driving with your high impedance adapter? If it is anything other than a planar, you will color (usually introduce warmth to) the sound.

If you are just trying to turn on higher output power, go for Aux mode rather than high impedance. The simplest way is to get a short extension cord and connect it first, then connect the earphones to the extension cord.

The ones that I have....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01552UGSS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4FU52C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Friends don’t let friends put high impedance into output paths...

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #615 of 1,175
Thx, for such a quick answer. That is the right angle extension that I received . What I wish to do is kick in the quad dac mode for my Shure SRH840 head phones. I was under the understanding that I need a high impedance adapter to do that?

So, to kick in the quad dac mode, do I need a high impedance adapter (if so, could you provide a link, please?)(the adapter that I had ordered and did not receive was a 75 ohm adapter) , or, do I just need to get that other extension that you linked me to (will getting that kick in the quad dac mode)?

Sorry, for my confusion. I am planning on doing a couple of other mods on the Shures (replace the ear pieces and also the padding on the head cross bar).
I really appreciate your answer.
Thx, again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back