Music and Audio: A User Guide To Better Sound
Oct 3, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #46 of 52
Congratulations on proving my point so very well. Another great example of you misunderstanding, misquoting and misrepresenting what you've been told. A "bankrupt real estate mogul who's in over his comb-over" would actually be an improvement!!

G

People who are in denial often accuse others of "misunderstanding, misquoting, and misrepresenting". You've been doing it on here since I arrived! You just don't like the fact that I've pushed beyond the smoke & mirrors when it comes to the subjects of loudness and remastering.

I quoted to him exactly things that I've been told on here. This particular engineer does agree with you guys on one of the points I brought up that was mentioned on here: that "DR" measuring tools are not really helpful at assessing the actual dynamic range of a song or album of songs. He also said he wishes another term could replace dynamic range. He himself uses fhe term "loudness range". But rema$tering for the sake of rema$tering? He does not buy that idea!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #47 of 52
[1] People who are in denial often accuse others of "misunderstanding, misquoting, and misrepresenting".
[2] You just don't like the fact that I've pushed beyond the smoke & mirrors when it comes to the subjects of loudness and remastering.
[3] I quoted to him exactly things that I've been told on here.

1. True but then I'm not in denial, that's a lie you've just made-up! I have NEVER stated that all masters and re-masters are perfect and I have not denied the loudness war. In fact just a day or two ago in another thread I expressly told YOU that I have been involved in discussing the loudness war with my peers for many years before you even knew it existed. I've also told you more than once that particularly re-masters are quite commonly flawed. Where I strongly disagreed with you was that this was always the fault of the mastering engineer, when in fact it's typically a case of the mastering engineer just following the client's instructions, often against the mastering engineer's advice! Do you have a memory impairment or are you deliberately misrepresenting/lying about what you've been told?

2. Again, you've just made that nonsense up! What I really don't like is the fact that you have almost no understanding of the subjects of loudness or mastering, make-up complete nonsense to try and validate your agenda and then state that you've "pushed beyond the smoke and mirrors". To push beyond the smoke and mirrors, you've first got to push beyond over-simplified headlines and gain some actual basic facts and knowledge, a vital step you refuse to take!

3. That's clearly another lie! What you quoted was either out of context, cherry-picked snippets or "quotes" you've deliberately changed, CERTAINLY NOT exactly what you have been told!!

You've already discovered that hypocrisy, accusing others of what you're guilty of, is a tactic which fails miserably here, you just end up making yourself look foolish and ignorant. So why are you trying that same tactic yet again? Do you like looking foolish and ignorant? Is that why you troll professional and science/fact based audio forums when you don't have any facts or knowledge?

G

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #49 of 52
We get stuff like this all the time in Sound Science Allanmarcus. Best to skip right over it and talk past the dogma fighting. What did you learn from the book?

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #50 of 52
I don't have the book (yet), it's on my xmas list.

The Sound Reproduction book, which I'm about half way through, is quite interesting. It's a very scientific approach to listening.

as for this this forum, I'm been here before. I've just lost my patience for folks going off topic, and I've decided to try to keep threads I care about on track. I forgot that ignore requires click on the person, so I will just ignore the fools that can't seem resist goping off topic.

Regarding this book, the TOC looks interesting, and the accompanying blu-ray and ability to listen to different versions of the same audio files promises to be a great learning tool. I don';t have a BluRay player, so ug. I might be able to borrow one.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #51 of 52
Bluray players now cost less than the book!

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #52 of 52
I started the thread and lost interest/patience. I'm all for healthy rationale debate but frankly can't fathom why people with such similar passions can't debate collegially and constructively …..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back