Muse Mini UberBuds or Jaybird BlueBud X
Oct 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

logiatype

100+ Head-Fier
Oct 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 22
The Muse mini look like the plenty of others that have came out with the same exact look to them. I believe they use OEM Bluetooth earphones from the looks of them all. That being said for price these are the most expensive of the bunch that all look the same. Bluetooth 4.0 and "apt-x" is only useful depending on the source and a lot of sources don't use Bluetooth 4.0 like a lot of android phones unless they have android 4.3 which Google finally added into android. Phones that come from Like Samsung , HTC , Motorola might have android 4.0 but you would have to check on that. The Samsung galaxy s4 and s3 both use Bluetooth 4.0 I believe ( I believe Samsung wrote it into the S3 as well but did for the s4). As far as Apt-x codec it isn't a "Standard" so your mobile device would need to have put the codec in to actually take advantage of "apt-x".

Now onto the Jaybird Bluebuds x Bluetooth earphones .... They also use a codec which is called "Shift" which from my experience with my pair of the Bluebuds x is I love the sound given the fact they are Bluetooth Earphones. They are also a lot smaller and based on reviews actually stay in your ears better then the Muse mini design ( The reviews of other earphones that look like those )

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Earbuds-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B00EYUJ1ZC/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&srs=2528932011&ie=UTF8&qid=1381876273&sr=1-4&keywords=anker+Bluetooth

Here is a link  for a pair from Anker (sold out currently) and you can just search Bluetooth earphones and probably see others like the muse mini.

Another pair that looks like the muse mini

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Earbuds-Microphone-Audiosynq/dp/B00E9LRH2K/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1381876377&sr=8-13&keywords=Bluetooth+earphones

The Jaybird Bluebuds x in midnight black are around $140 now and they are an authorized reseller so I would just buy those if they fit in your budget

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 22
  The Muse mini look like the plenty of others that have came out with the same exact look to them. I believe they use OEM Bluetooth earphones from the looks of them all. That being said for price these are the most expensive of the bunch that all look the same. Bluetooth 4.0 and "apt-x" is only useful depending on the source and a lot of sources don't use Bluetooth 4.0 like a lot of android phones unless they have android 4.3 which Google finally added into android. Phones that come from Like Samsung , HTC , Motorola might have android 4.0 but you would have to check on that. The Samsung galaxy s4 and s3 both use Bluetooth 4.0 I believe ( I believe Samsung wrote it into the S3 as well but did for the s4). As far as Apt-x codec it isn't a "Standard" so your mobile device would need to have put the codec in to actually take advantage of "apt-x".

Now onto the Jaybird Bluebuds x Bluetooth earphones .... They also use a codec which is called "Shift" which from my experience with my pair of the Bluebuds x is I love the sound given the fact they are Bluetooth Earphones. They are also a lot smaller and based on reviews actually stay in your ears better then the Muse mini design ( The reviews of other earphones that look like those )

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Earbuds-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B00EYUJ1ZC/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&srs=2528932011&ie=UTF8&qid=1381876273&sr=1-4&keywords=anker+Bluetooth

Here is a link  for a pair from Anker (sold out currently) and you can just search Bluetooth earphones and probably see others like the muse mini.

Another pair that looks like the muse mini

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Earbuds-Microphone-Audiosynq/dp/B00E9LRH2K/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1381876377&sr=8-13&keywords=Bluetooth+earphones

The Jaybird Bluebuds x in midnight black are around $140 now and they are an authorized reseller so I would just buy those if they fit in your budget

Wow, I almost made a $130 mistake?
I actually have the Bluebud X's right now (there is a $50 off coupon). The only issue I have with them is a small audible hiss at low volumes. I thought AptX might correct this.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 22
I been using my Bluebuds x for about a month and a half now and I didn't notice that hiss your talking about ( Using them right now since they are the only earbuds I own and don't feel like using my M-100) but maybe it might just be me... It could also just be a defect of yours perhaps and should contact jaybird perhaps ?

If you really want to try another pair of Bluetooth earphones the Plantronics backbeat go 2 might be a good choice ? from what I read on amazon reviews they sound decent but the battery life is much worse then the Bluebuds x ( Around 3-4 hours )

As far as Apt-x goes based on the wiki page only about a dozen companies put it in their devices and looking at your sig ... your Galaxy nexus doesn't have the  Apt-x codec

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 22
  The hiss is only audible at the beginning and end of a song or with just speech audio. I should mention that I'm using the Jaybird uSport transmitter if that makes any difference. I'll contact Jaybird tomorrow.
Thanks for the help :)

Then you should be using "apt-x" since that is the whole reason of the usport transmitter. Have you tried to use the earphones without it? I use Samsung galaxy s4 which would use the Apt-x codec but nowhere on the website does Jaybird say the Bluebuds x even use Apt-x to begin with

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #8 of 22
  No the Bluebuds do not use Apt-X. The uSport will use Apt-X if the headset supports it. Overall, the Bluebuds are amazing; I don't think I can go back to wired headsets, at least at work. :)

Oh then what is the point of using the Usport with the Bluebuds then lol?

Personally I love the Bluebuds x but for sound quality I also have the V-moda crossfade M-100 because generally wired will always out-preform Bluetooth because Bluetooth compresses the music file which usually means it compresses a file that is already compressed like the mp3 or AAC file most people use ( I use mp3 since FLAC would just take up all my space )

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 22

Oh then what is the point of using the Usport with the Bluebuds then lol?

Personally I love the Bluebuds x but for sound quality I also have the V-moda crossfade M-100 because generally wired will always out-preform Bluetooth because Bluetooth compresses the music file which usually means it compresses a file that is already compressed like the mp3 or AAC file most people use ( I use mp3 since FLAC would just take up all my space )

Because I didn't realize that the Bluebud X's were not Apt-X compatible when I bought them lol. I'll try them with my bluetooth transmitters at home and see if the hissing is due to the uSport.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 22
I'm getting excellent results with my Bluebirds and HTC One source player using FLAC rips. Amazingly good sound for the combo. Also have Comply TX500 tips instead of stock. Really good stuff. Using Neutron player.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #11 of 22
I'm getting excellent results with my Bluebirds and HTC One source player using FLAC rips. Amazingly good sound for the combo. Also have Comply TX500 tips instead of stock. Really good stuff. Using Neutron player.

Eh I hate the comply foam tips (I like the actual product). I got the tsx500 and took forever to put them on. I also spent around 21 dollars on them for them to break apart in about 2 weeks which isn't worth the price

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #13 of 22
Hey Yawdapaah,

This is the MuseMini team reaching out.  Thank you for all of your comments and concerns.  We love to hear so many audioholics looking into their purchases and products!  Great for consumers and great for our attention to quality assurance.  That being said, we'd love to address a few comments:

-  UberBuds were designed for on the go consumers.  We cannot speak to any copycats or similar products, but we pay very careful attention during manufacturing to ensure our products meet or exceed our high audio standards.  That being said we choose premium 6mm drivers only as well as premium Li-ion batteries.  We also only use CSR Bluetooth chips in our UberBuds...these are a few key differentiators (as most readers on this message board probably already know) how some companies cut costs and in turn, results in a lower quality devices.  We can't speak to the other products you mentioned, but we can assure you we use only the best components.  

-  To take our UberBuds one step further, we are one of only three companies that integrates "waterproofing" into our manufacturing process.  To our knowledge, no other copy product integrates this into their setup.  We take pride in our products and our commitment to long-term usage - That's why we offer an industry best LIFETIME WARRANTY against sweat (and underwater up to 6 inches).  

-  We developed a customized carry bag as well as a premium packaging to ensure our products meet and exceed general market demand for quality products in quality packaging.

We again thank you for your interest in UberBuds and we can ensure your satisfaction is backed by industry best warranties: Lifetime Warranty against sweat, 1 YR MFR warranty against defect, and 100% money back guarantee if you at all dissatisfied with our products.

Note: You will soon see reviews start rolling in over the coming weeks.  I think you'll be very pleased to see our "waterproofing" in action.

-UberBuds Support Squad

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #14 of 22
  Hey Yawdapaah,

This is the MuseMini team reaching out.  Thank you for all of your comments and concerns.  We love to hear so many audioholics looking into their purchases and products!  Great for consumers and great for our attention to quality assurance.  That being said, we'd love to address a few comments:

-  UberBuds were designed for on the go consumers.  We cannot speak to any copycats or similar products, but we pay very careful attention during manufacturing to ensure our products meet or exceed our high audio standards.  That being said we choose premium 6mm drivers only as well as premium Li-ion batteries.  We also only use CSR Bluetooth chips in our UberBuds...these are a few key differentiators (as most readers on this message board probably already know) how some companies cut costs and in turn, results in a lower quality devices.  We can't speak to the other products you mentioned, but we can assure you we use only the best components.  

-  To take our UberBuds one step further, we are one of only three companies that integrates "waterproofing" into our manufacturing process.  To our knowledge, no other copy product integrates this into their setup.  We take pride in our products and our commitment to long-term usage - That's why we offer an industry best LIFETIME WARRANTY against sweat (and underwater up to 6 inches).  

-  We developed a customized carry bag as well as a premium packaging to ensure our products meet and exceed general market demand for quality products in quality packaging.

We again thank you for your interest in UberBuds and we can ensure your satisfaction is backed by industry best warranties: Lifetime Warranty against sweat, 1 YR MFR warranty against defect, and 100% money back guarantee if you at all dissatisfied with our products.

Note: You will soon see reviews start rolling in over the coming weeks.  I think you'll be very pleased to see our "waterproofing" in action.

-UberBuds Support Squad

I wonder how can yours be unique and the others are clones considering the fact the "clones" which you call them been out for a while...  

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #15 of 22
Thanks for the feedback ClosingRacer.  As mentioned, we do not know what anyone else is doing with any of their products...what we do know is that we focus on providing high quality performance and quality in all of the products we produce - we always pay close attention to detail and customization to ensure a long-lasting product.  

The patented nano-tech we use to treat our UberBuds is 100% unique to our product and this is why we offer a lifetime warranty against sweat - we would highly encourage you to test our products vs any competitor (including BlueBuds) in waterproof capabilities. We would even send you a sample for testing upon request - we are always looking for experienced and quality objective reviewers.

We've had this particular model for sale since April and we've only just recently begun our major PR campaign. You will likely see a very large increase in reviews here over the coming weeks.  Again, thank you for your enthusiasm for quality audio products and we hope you get a chance to see the UberBuds in action very soon!  

-UberBuds Support Squad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back