Munitio siti 9mm IEMs fading out (went through 4 replacements!)
Apr 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kujo709

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know if munitio is having a problem manufacturing their IEMs? I have had a pair of gold Siti-Gs for a year and they were amazing. Then one day I blew them (my fault... used an amp with max volume and upped the EQ wayy to high one day to see if they would hold up... they didnt). When I got the replacements I noticed they had slightly different detailing of the chord, plug, and splitter. I asked munitio and they said they bought the original company and some things were changed. apparently something else did that makes the Siti Gs fade out... Within the 1st week of listening to them one or both ear buds begin to just fade away. first the bass goes and becomes nearly inexistent, then the mids and highs just lose all their volume and the headphones sound 1/10th as loud. Has anyone had this problem? does anyone know what could be causing it?

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 3
for anyone reading this thread,

I spoke with munitio today and got a representative that was actually really helpful.. they explained that a bad batch was made which munitio kept in house (not knowing it was bad) and used for RMA claims. They realized that the batch was bad and discarded it and are now replacing headphones with a new batch. So, I should be getting replacements and an extended warranty from them soon. It appears the company did not go down the drain after all! Hopefully this is true... I guess ill find out soon. Great customer service though. Never was questioned about my returns even on the 5th time and always had shipping covered by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back