Munich HIGH END 2015 Germany 14. - 17. May 2015
May 12, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #16 of 37
Can somebody check out the Pioneer Booth and give a listen to their TOTL SE-Master1 Headphones.

May 13, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #17 of 37
Can somebody check out the Pioneer Booth and give a listen to their TOTL SE-Master1 Headphones.

Sure today in few Hours you will have my personal Impressions about this Hp

Regards Nomax

May 14, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #20 of 37

Impressed !!! 
beyersmile.png

Nice to see you there @Nomax & @Plakat 
beerchug.gif

More photos here: 
http://www.myaudioshop.com/live/highend-munich-2015

A big thanks!

May 15, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #21 of 37
I was there this morning. At 11 there was already a 50m queue in front of the ticket counter. Crazy how full it is.
My main point was to listen to the Sennheiser Orpheus again. Eternal Arts had one last year to demonstrate how good their own amp sounds with a HD800 (failed to come close to the Orpheus, if you asked me last year).
This time, Sennheiser has one. I listened and was disappointed. Maybe now I am used to my own HD800. Last year I still had the HD 650.

I could also listen to the Fosgate signature headamp. That was a surprise. The High-Fidelity Studio Augsburg combined that amp with Grado e-Series headphones. I sold all my Grado headphones because they sounded flat and had too much treble. Not with this amp. There was sound stage and real music. Thats with the PS500, RS1e and -2e (although the RS1 still has this treble peak that hurts my ears).
But I was impressed with this amp.

May 15, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #22 of 37
Looking forward to it !

About the Pioneer SE MASTER 1

For me the Biggest Surprice!!
This Headphones are uniqueness in sound&design and buildquality
And This Cans are worth the Money

Regards Nomax

May 15, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #23 of 37
Biggest surprise was the VIVA Egoista 15w Headphone AMP (and it's associated DAC/CD player).

Amazing dynamics and bass with LCD-3, ABYSS and my ED5 ! 

May 16, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #24 of 37

May 16, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #26 of 37
@MOZARTAUDIO it was nice to meet you

Regards Nomax

May 16, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #27 of 37
Nice to meet you too @Nomax 

May 16, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #28 of 37
Here are the current highlights from the Munich High End show! Dr. Fang was in attendance this year, and was especially excited to see so much support from the community! Shout outs to Chris Martens from Hifi+ for his latest interview with Dr. Fang.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Update:

Day 3 highlights from this amazing event!

Fang even bumped into Jude!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 16, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #29 of 37
Very interesting show, was a real eye (well, ear) opener considering my previous listening experiences (high end for the consumer grade and the occasional budget-fi surprise).

Also a good reminder of what people mean with the "sorry for your wallet" motto going around here, it really makes it hard returning to your standard headphones after spending a day with the real hi-end.

However, for those still interested in more affordable but still stand-out performers, RHA has really impressed me with their T20. I'll leave some notes on the relevant thread, mostly mirroring what analogsurviver mentioned.
Highly recommended to try them out if you're visiting tomorrow (last day) and props as well to the very friendly RHA team.

May 17, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #30 of 37
Very interesting show, was a real eye (well, ear) opener considering my previous listening experiences (high end for the consumer grade and the occasional budget-fi surprise).

Also a good reminder of what people mean with the "sorry for your wallet" motto going around here, it really makes it hard returning to your standard headphones after spending a day with the real hi-end.

Don't want to be a spoil-sport, but don't get fooled by the impressions from the fair. If you take your own music to a shop and listen to the stuff, it already sounds different.

It is important to always check, what music is played at the fair and through which systems. For my headphone amp and can tests at the fair, the CD players were less advanced than my home system. But the CDs inside were mastered for shows like this. So the music ususally contains instruments that sound good through headphones, like acoustic guitar and a singer (very close to the mike). And - no question - the mastering is the best that money can buy on this planet.

Get one of those test CDs, from Stereoplay or Audio or Stockfish records and play them at home. You will hear marvelous sound through your own system.
There is always a lot new stuff to discover on a fair and its fun to go and try it out. But don't get too much taken away, or I'll be really sorry for your wallet.

Probably I was a spoil sport now
blink.gif
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back