Munich High End 2011 - Pictures and Impressions of the Show ( 19-22 May 2011)
May 24, 2011 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

cOSteLLo

Head-Fier
So the anual High End Tradefare Show in Munich Germany has once ended again! It was the 30th Annivarsery this year and they sure did offer a whole lot of Products to be seen ( and heard of course!) Very intresting was, how much the Headphone Deparment of the show has grown, it used to be all about speaker, but more and more Headphone companies were showing their products this year! ( I was very happy to see Furutech and Audze there for example!)

Anyway, here are some pictures a friend of mineshot at the Individual Stands (Thanks to him), I Hope you enjoy!

Violectric by Lake People let me listen to their Amps and Dacs on a compfotable Armchair using some nice Cans ( AKG K701, Ultrasone Edition 11, Beyerdynamic T5p and Hifiman HE5 i believe)

The Violectirc Lineup

A very Nicely sounding LP-Player as a Source. Lps and Tape-Players were very popular sources at the Show.

Listening to the Different sources, i fouznd this old STUDA Tapemachine to Sound terrific with the Live-Jazz Recordings they were playing!

Now the Beyerdynamic Stand was literaly PACKED with people wanting to listne to the Tesla Products, especially the new Beyerdynamic T70p which is to be realesed this summer! It is a closed back Headphone similar to the T5P, but only costs 450 Euros. It sounded amazing, with the portable Player they presented it with.

The Headtracking of the Headpzone amp was amzing when watching movies, it doesnt matter how you turn your head, the sound keeps coming from the front (when u turn around completly its behind you... like in a movie cinema)

A friend of mine eyoing the T50P (he'll kill me for uploading this pic haha)

The Hifiman stand, let you listen to their very populare Hybrid Amp/Power Supply combo at their stand. Sounded very worth the 400something Euros, to my ears.

A new Amp from Trafomatic Audio (digital Highend) Especially designed with the AUdeze LCD-2's in mind ( so told me the Representative of the Company). My Picture Taking Friend sure looks like he enjoyed the combo. The LCD-2's were THE most seen headphone at the fair, almost every Amp company had it for testing their products, speakes for the Audeze's i guess

The Lehmann Lineup. These Lehmann Guys were very serious about their products, and testing them was a litle bit more of a hastle than at other stands :wink:

A Company that really impressed me at the show was SPL. Their Amplifiers sounded amazing
and their "Phonitor" has to be one of the best Solid State AMps i have ever heard. Their vomplicated Crossfeed circuit makes listending to headphones so much more enjoyable, and i think i need one now ( if it werent so expensive..)

I want those Stylish green AKG's so badly :D

The Ultrasone Stand was also very cool, there was a Lottery for a pair of Edition 8's ( Plz God let me win^^), the Ultrasone People were very nice and explained to me how they think their S-Logic driver placement is so ideal for listening to headphones.

The Edition Line-up *drool*

Live Music, in form of "alking acts" who were switching percormance areas every few songs, were also a real treat to the ears. Here you can see The Trisonics playing Rockabilly tunes (www.trisoncs.de)

There were so many cable manufaturers at the Show, it was mind blowing! I didn't even know power Chords for 3000$ existed...

Cardas and Audioquest fighting for the Throne of "best sounding" cables.

The Furutech Adapter Table

Furutech suprised me with a really nice sounding portable Amp, which sounded amazing, powering my HD25's. It's a little bit heavy, bulky and expensive ( 450 Euros) but must eb the ebst sounding portable headphone amp i*ve ever heard, and the build quality was amazing.

The insides of a Denon D7000

This was forced smile when listening to the Beats Pro, because the Dealer was so serious about them being the best portable cans on the market. I was afraid to argue against him...

I mainly took pictures of Headphone related stuff, but there were a few Sets of speakers that really blew my mind and have to be mentioned.

The Adam Classic Mk3 series must be the best >10.000 Euro speakers i've ever heard.

These were supposedly the most expensice Speakers at the whole Show, and they sounded unbelievably detailed and realistic (allthough the presentation was waaay to loud for my taste.)

This pretty much sums up my Impressions of the show, I hope you had a good read and maybe I'll see someone from head-fi there next year! (just were nice portable cans, and i'll be suspicious, haha!)

Cheerz,

Nick  ( cOSteLLo)

May 25, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 13
Wow great thread with so many pics!  I want to try those Beyer T70s!!!

BTW, the Beats dealer is in denial!!!!!
deadhorse.gif

May 25, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 13
Nice pictures and thanks for the report. A lot of nice gear there.

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 13
I was wondering if you could compare the sound of the T70 to the T1/LCD2/T5p...

Do you know if they have 50mm drivers??
How was the soundstage??
How was the bass??
etc...

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #7 of 13
I can't tell from the pics, Were there any new Ultrasones? 
And that portable player with the beyers looks great, Its going to be way too expensive for me though. 

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #8 of 13
To my ears the T70p sounded similar to the T5P, which was awesome, cuz they only cost half !
You cant really compare the sound to LCD-2's or other open Heaphones. DOnt know how big the drivers are... It was very busy at the Beyer Stand. EVERYBODY wanted to hear the T70s :)

Ultrasone didnt have any new Headphones at the Show unfortunatly

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 13
EDIT: it's the trio system from avantgarde acoustics

are the last pair of speakers from accapella audio arts? don't remind them in their line up... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back