Multipurpose Headset (Recommendation)
Apr 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ineedbass

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, looking for a closed dynamic over-the-ear headphones for gaming, indoor listening, looks good, and just the best my money can buy.  I listen to dubstep, trance/dance, reggae-alternative-post-indie-melodic-electronica-punk rock, and underground/alternative/indie hip hop.  Need a lot of bass, but not overpowering the rest of the output.  Also going to be using this for xbox 360 gaming with a zalman clip-on mic; I play competitively so that's another factor.  Am I going to need an amp for enough sound depending on what headphones you guys suggest?  My price range is > $300: let me know guys, thanks.

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 8
Alright after researching these, they look like what I'm looking for.  Hopefully they respond well to gaming.

(1-B) Audio Technica ATH-Pro700MK2, $140-$180. Dual removable cables, good build quality, strong clamp. Huge bass, mostly a fun basshead headphone.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Yeah that's true, the competitive gaming headphones tend to be very low on the side of bass.  I wonder if I would still be able to get some decent accuracy, competitive play with these.  I really don't want to give up one for another.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Alright after researching these, they look like what I'm looking for.  Hopefully they respond well to gaming.

(1-B) Audio Technica ATH-Pro700MK2, $140-$180. Dual removable cables, good build quality, strong clamp. Huge bass, mostly a fun basshead headphone.

Since they are closed headphones, i assume they have a small soundstage for games. Have you done a research on Beyer models? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back