Multiple sources -> One Output and One Source -> Multiple Outputs (lossless)
Sep 6, 2018 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Alca1974

New Head-Fier
Hello there,

How to connect and what are the equipment necessary to :

1- Multiple sources -> One Output. (ex. 2 Turntables, Reel Tape, Etc connected to one HP amp)

2- One Source -> Multiple Outputs (ex. Media player connected to multiple HP Amps)

Thanks,

(Newbie with limited English skills)

Sep 6, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello,

Here are a few ways you can accomplish what you ain to do. If you prefer an explanation in Spanish, I can provide that (I can't speak Portuguese yet).

1) The simplest way is if you can get a stereo audio input switcher and connect it to normal headphone amplifiers. Then you can use the common tulip connectors for connecting everything together.

2) Various ways possible. It can be as simple as using a simple cable splitter. Or you can go for the more fancy looking splitter box.

Sep 6, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Hello,

Here are a few ways you can accomplish what you ain to do. If you prefer an explanation in Spanish, I can provide that (I can't speak Portuguese yet).

1) The simplest way is if you can get a stereo audio input switcher and connect it to normal headphone amplifiers. Then you can use the common tulip connectors for connecting everything together.

2) Various ways possible. It can be as simple as using a simple cable splitter. Or you can go for the more fancy looking splitter box.

Thanks Beyakusenn.
I can read/write/speak in English but it is not my natural language so for sure I will make grammar mistakes. Lol

1- I could find some mechanical switchers. But I was not sure if poor connections will lead to sound issues. This is why I am asking. I do have a mixer console (Soundcraft) But it means another device to add noise, etc. So, back to the original topic. Can I use a simple switcher?
What is the best? Mechanical switchers or the Mixer?

2. Can I use "Y" cables?

Sep 6, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 4
1) The mixer should work, but the switchers are more simple in their design and unless they are poorly designed and placed near an electromagnetic noise source, the switchers should not add noticeable noise to the signal.

2) You can and that's the simplest way, but there is often a difference in power between one channel and the other, and putting a Y-splitter on top of a Y-splitter can cause unexpected problems because of poorly produced connectors (more common than you'd think).
If you just need 2 channnels, I'd say a Y-splitter is usually just fine. For more channels, I'd recommend a splitter box, which is designed to have equally low resistance for all channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back