Multiple Sources, Multiple AMPs Solution Suggestion
Apr 29, 2014 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Crashem

500+ Head-Fier
At the point where I'm about to have a few DACs/Amps all being fed by digital transport eventually (computer most likely).  It is already kind of a pain to switch the cables etc.  Any suggestions on any equipment or method to minimize the work involved in going from one setup to another.  I am looking at the following:

http://www.avahifi.com/

The AVA Switchbox:  Problem is that it is overkill in some respects and less useful in others.

Basically want to be able to seamlessly switch from one dac to another dac and one amp to another amp.  Any ideas?

May 20, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 5
No ideas anyone of products or ways to do this?

May 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Well found two other possible solutions.

Decware makes 5.1 tube preamp. You can use the 6 channels as 3 stereo outputs to 3 amps and room for 4 input sources. Obviously active circuit so will affect sound but not necessarily bad thing. No balanced however :frowning2:

Decware also makes switchbox that takes 4 sources and 2 outputs. The trick is that you can connect two boxes to allow you to use 4 sources and 4 amps! Passive circuit with silver wiring so hopefully minimal effect on sound and a lot cheaper than the decware preamp.

May 30, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 5
Mapletree Audio makes a line router

I was looking at that as well. Don't know why I didn't think about it earlier but goldpoint specializes in these things.

Really would like to hear opinions going passive (eg switch box) vs active (preamp) to switch. If any passive going to color sound a lot, then might as well go active and be able to control the effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back