Multiple Micro SD slots?
Dec 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

RokBoks

100+ Head-Fier
So I had this sudden thought: why not put more than one micro sd slot on a dap? Would it be hard to do or are there better alternatives? It'd be great to have four 64 gb cards all loaded up maybe each holding different genres!

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 42
Quote:
The new Iriver AK100 has 2 card slots. 

Did you see the price on this?????? $780 on Ebay? It makes much more sense to carry two $35 Sandisk Clip+ players instead.

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 42
Oh lordy, please do this sansa. I will give you all my monies.

I'm so tired of carrying around a clip.

I want something about the size of the fuze, with like.. 8 microsd card slots, please. kthnx

I guess it can be larger than the fuze, I don't really care. Just no touchscreen stuff. I want to rockbox it.

Alternatively, you could just release a player with 200+GBs of onboard solid-state memory. Memory really isn't that expensive.. Why are so many players so painfully limited?

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #7 of 42
That's exactly what i want aswell!
I#m tired of spinning disks and load times on my iPod Classic and other than that, Flash storage would be more durable as well!
btw: yep there is already the iRiver  AK 100 but there are a few things wich hold me off, and its not so much the price tag, but more so the touch screen, and the high output impedance of the player...

just imagine a Sana Fuze V1 (the one with the click-wheel) with 4 micro sd slots 
tongue_smile.gif

EDIT: btw unamped line-out would be great aswell,,,

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 42
Quote:
That's exactly what i want aswell!
I#m tired of spinning disks and load times on my iPod Classic and other than that, Flash storage would be more durable as well!
btw: yep there is already the iRiver  AK 100 but there are a few things wich hold me off, and its not so much the price tag, but more so the touch screen, and the high output impedance of the player...

just imagine a Sana Fuze V1 (the one with the click-wheel) with 4 micro sd slots 
tongue_smile.gif

EDIT: btw unamped line-out would be great aswell,,,

So far Sandisk seems unresponsive.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Site-suggestions-Product-feature/Players-with-more-than-one-card-slot/td-p/248666

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #9 of 42
Now that the 64Gb cards are somewhat affordable, I don't see any need for multiple slots on a portable player. Everything in my collection that I would want to listen to fits on my 80GB 5.5G iPod. 
Of course, I don't bother with lossless on a portable player either....

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #10 of 42
Now that the 64Gb cards are somewhat affordable, I don't see any need for multiple slots on a portable player. Everything in my collection that I would want to listen to fits on my 80GB 5.5G iPod. 
Of course, I don't bother with lossless on a portable player either....

When you're on the FLAC train 32GB cards are like a happy meal. 320kbps files feed an army.

We want a player with about 15 card slots. :smile: Or USB port to plug in 2TB hardrives. :p

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:
When you're on the FLAC train 32GB cards are like a happy meal. 320kbps files feed an army.
We want a player with about 15 card slots.
smile.gif
Or USB port to plug in 2TB hardrives.
tongue.gif

And how does it feel to want? 
tongue.gif
 lol

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:
It feels as good as it sounds!
biggrin.gif

Remember the six stacker CD players? We need some of those six stacker card slots!. lol

Yeah, I had a 60+1 CD changer at one point.....lol.  

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #14 of 42
Quote:
Yeah, I had a 60+1 CD changer at one point.....lol.  

What is the maximum number of micro card slots they can put in a player and still have it fit in a standard shirt pocket?
My guess is 8, but perhaps even more might be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back