multiple headphones?
Jan 29, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

wait untill you get the headphone amp sickness!!!

Tell me about it!!! I just realized that for the first 53 years of my life, my total number of headphone amps was zero. Since I discovered HeadWize last year, my number of headphone amps now stands at TWELVE!!! And I'm looking for more......:What is that all about?
confused.gif
I guess what JMT said must be true......"It's this place."
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #17 of 41
I feel your pain joelongwood.
wink.gif
I remember during my headphone infancy, someone suggested a headphone amp. I told them I couldn't see spending a couple of hundred bucks on something that is so "all about me." Well, you know about my last purchase and you have me quasi-seriously thinking about an EMP. Maybe it's not this place...maybe it's you!
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 11:50 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Well, you know about my last purchase and you have me quasi-seriously thinking about an EMP. Maybe it's not this place...maybe it's you!
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

If you decide to get the EMP, Jon, you're gonna love it!
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #20 of 41
IMO It boils down to what you get for your money. Good headphones give you major bang for pounds (sorry i ain't American). Also you get a little box,compared to speakers, through the post. A decent set of speakers cost £500+ and are large, you can pack 3 or 4 very presentable cans into that sort of outlay or one very nice set of cans. I know when I buy new toys it's always nicer to get (or be able to get) more than one at a time.

Jan 30, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #21 of 41
I feel the opposite. I'd rather have one super toy than a bunch of other toys. Much like good wife vs whole lotta mistresses. I'd rather have a soulmate than a rollodex of #s. (Sorry, I'm old fashioned)

Jan 30, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #23 of 41
Part of my reason for having so many cans is that there is no one can that is great for every situation. I'd rather not take my HD580's hiking with me, or have $500 worth of equipment in my backpack at school. I could probably (and maybe will) cut the number of headphones I have in half, but I use most of mine at least a few times in any given month.

-Keith

Jan 30, 2002 at 12:48 AM Post #25 of 41
pseudo-quote:

"i think its a sickness you get. cant be happy with just one. i have 3 and already considering what my forth will be"

I wonder if it is the same for others things in life...
wink.gif

Sorry for distorting the quote
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #26 of 41
EMP = Electro Magnetic Pulse... err... EarMax Pro

and

Quote:

Etys: [...] and ultimate home listening

HD600: ultimate home listening

Something in there doesn't make sense... how can you have two ultimates?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #27 of 41
Yea, get experience, save up for a super toy, then pawn the other ones.
biggrin.gif

killer - I use HD600 for portable, I lug my travel rig to school as well. I even wear them to the grocery store. In other words, I'm not over precautious about my equipment, I use the hell out of them. I have found that I enjoy these cans for virtually any listening environment (except when noise isolation is needed) and any music. This could either be luck, or I'm just out of whack.

Jan 30, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

chych said...

EMP = Electro Magnetic Pulse... err... EarMax Pro

That's always my first reaction as well. Please call it the EMPro or something, so I can stop automatically translating it to ElectroMagnetic Pulse...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 1:18 AM Post #29 of 41
Heh, my first set of good cans were the Grado 60's (nice open cans), then the 7506's (for the train), and i was planning on the HD600's and an amp, then i got sidetracked....

...well thats how it goes for all of us. It's a hobby like any other.

George

Jan 30, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #30 of 41
Short answer: because we can. (Pardon the inadvertant pun.) Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
and and he's not wearing any pants!

uh...judging by the lack of equipment...that would be she is not wearing any pants...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back