multiple amps?
Nov 6, 2006 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nothing101

500+ Head-Fier
well i am curious about this because i might get the bithead for a portable amp and for my laptop rig.

i already have the LDII+ but my laptop soundcard is not great so im planning on an external sound card purchase. The bithead is nice because it is one component to use on two rigs. portable and laptop. i can use it as an amp for my ipod and an external sound card for my computer. 2 components in one.

My question is will having the LDII+ and bithead amp sound better than just the LDII+ on its own or will it simply add distortion to the sound?

Nov 6, 2006 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by nothing101
well i am curious about this because i might get the bithead for a portable amp and for my laptop rig.

i already have the LDII+ but my laptop soundcard is not great so im planning on an external sound card purchase. The bithead is nice because it is one component to use on two rigs. portable and laptop. i can use it as an amp for my ipod and an external sound card for my computer. 2 components in one.

My question is will having the LDII+ and bithead amp sound better than just the LDII+ on its own or will it simply add distortion to the sound?

I have both of these amps.

I'm happy with the bithead as portable with ipod and an amp/dac with laptop. I don't use my ld2+ as headamp lately, only as a pre-amp for my ipod interface to home theatre system.

Nov 7, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 4
would a good soundcard like the emu4040 fit in a laptop?

hmm this should be on the computer as source forum now but i cant be bothered making another thread
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back