Multimedia PC speakers < £100
Nov 7, 2015 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

WraithApe

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone have any recommendations for PC speakers? I know of the Bose Companion 2, but I've never been particularly impressed with any Bose speakers I've heard in the past so wondering if there are better options out there for the money. These speakers aren't for me but rather a gift for someone else, and top budget is going to be about 100 GBP. 2.0 system, preferably wireless, but wired also OK.

I'm aware of desktop monitors like Audioengine's A2, but would prefer a smaller form factor than even those, and ideally, something less expensive. I guess for my budget and requirements, I'm looking for recommendations for multimedia PC speakers here, rather than monitors, although if anyone has a recommendation for the latter which fits the bill I'm all ears!

EDIT: Been looking at the Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II - any thoughts on these?

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 2
You won't find monitors the size of the Bose Companion because tiny speakers struggle with (if they have any) bass output.

I have no experience with them, but Edifier is a popular brand in the UK. They make some speakers with small satellites with a sub to provide bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back