Multichannel SACDs on 2-channel SACD players?
Oct 11, 2001 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nico

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

Can 2-channel SACD players read multichannel SACDs like the Midori's Mozart SACD?
I read a few messages on this forum that said that new multichannel SACDs have a 2-channel layer so it's fully compatible with stereo SACD players. Is this true?

Also, do Telarc SACDs have 3 different layers (CD, stereo SACD, surround SACD)?

Thanks!!

Oct 11, 2001 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Nico
Hello all!

Can 2-channel SACD players read multichannel SACDs like the Midori's Mozart SACD?
I read a few messages on this forum that said that new multichannel SACDs have a 2-channel layer so it's fully compatible with stereo SACD players. Is this true?

Also, do Telarc SACDs have 3 different layers (CD, stereo SACD, surround SACD)?

Thanks!!

I actually have been wondering this myself. I have not had a chance to do any research though. Does anyone know the answer off the top of their head?

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2001 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Q: Will SACDs play back on my portable CD player or car CD player?
A: Hybrid SACDs will. They include both a high-density SACD layer and a standard-density CD layer, for playback compatibility with the over 700 million CD players worldwide. And remember, audio CDs will play back on SACD players.

Q: When multi-channel SACDs are available, will they play on the SCD-1 and SCD-777ES?
A: Absolutely. Multi-channel SACDs will also include a separate 2-channel version of the same music. Two-channel listeners will hear the stereo mix-down exactly as the artists and producers intended.

http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer...faqs-faqs.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back