Multichannel: Revo 5.1 or Delta 410?
Feb 26, 2006 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ReDVsion

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got a friend who's interested in getting a multichannel speaker setup going with his computer as a source, and although my initial reaction was to recommend the Revo 5.1, I thought I'd check around a bit. I did come across the Delta 410, which while being an older card *does* have standard RCA connectors, and is close to the same price. I don't know if anyone here has compared these cards, but regardless, which of the two ought to be the better buy?

Other suggestions are more than welcome, but his price cap is $100.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 5
Can't help you on the Revo 5.1. I've never used a Delta 410, but I have used a number of their other products including a Delta 1010 and a Firewire 410 and they all work pretty well. Drivers are good, in so far as pro cards go, sound quality it top notch.

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 5
I know the 5.1 has minor limiitations compared to the 7.1. I'm sure you could find the differences easy enough by looking up the specs. Though I've never personally ownded the 5.1. Actually I did the exact same upgrade as Iron_Dreamer, I prefer the coax connections for attaching musical instruments, and the 410 is much more versatile than the 7.1. For Gaming and normal use with pc speakers there isn't much difference (in my opinion) between the 410 and 7.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back