Multi-Way Mains Plug 'Hydra' Lead?
Mar 17, 2009 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

J.D.N

500+ Head-Fier
I stumbled across this on ebay and am curious about whether the claims would actually be beneficial to a system?

Silver Plated Multiway Mains Plug DIY Naim Hydra Lead on eBay, also Mains Cable, Cables Connectors, Home Audio Hi Fi, Consumer Electronics (end time 05-Apr-09 22:21:19 BST)

It claims that by allowing 4 system component to effectively connect to one single plug, it creates a 'star-ground' and removes unnecessary connections which improves the audio quality.

Im just wondering if there is any determinable benefit to such a device apart from reducing clutter and unnecessary connection in a convention 6-way splitter and the like?

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 3
I've got one of those (except for silver plated it's just a standard one) Problem is if you want to disconnect things major pain if component side is fixed. I'd only use it on cables with removeable cables on the other end, for example figure 8 connectors.

Mar 18, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeh everything im connecting has IEC plugs so will be fine. Have you noticed any benefits apart from the reduced use of plug/6ways etc? Any audio related voodoo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back