Multi-input single output receiver
Mar 11, 2002 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

KentWang

New Head-Fier
I'm pretty new to the hi-fi scene and what little I know is only about headphones. Anyway, I currently have three computers with Sound Blaster Audigy's and one set of the Logitech Z560 speakers. What I'd like to do is plug in each of the computer outputs into a receiver, using either coax SPDIF or 2 pairs of stereo each (front and rear channels, retaining the 4.1 output) and then have the receiver output a pair of front and rear stereo lines to my speakers. Theoretically this can all be done with a bunch of Y-connectors, but I have a feeling that that's a very inelegant solution.

A huge plus would be if I could flip a switch to mute any of the sources at will. This way, I can mute the computer that serves as my MP3 jukebox and listen to the audio output from my DVD computer and my workstation in case it needs to alert me about an urgent email.

I've looked a bit online and anything that uses DAC costs at least $500, so I might have to settle with using analog. And although I've only specified three sources, it would be best if I could futureproof and get a receiver with 4 or 6 inputs.

I also tried looking for some kind of non-headphone-specific discussion forum, but all I could find was a few magazine sites with a few articles and no forums. Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back