mullard tubes any good?
Aug 19, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 9
I have not used the tubes you list, but Mullard is regarded to be one of the top brands, as far as I know. The Mullard M8100's in my Darkvoice 332 are excellent.

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 9
Can not follow you, sorry. Are you using this tubes already or you are willing to know how good they may be?

Are these, you have mentioned, equivalent to AT7 or 6DJ8?

Aug 19, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

could anyone tell how could these tubes are that i use with my earmax pro?

I think he meant to say, "could anyone tell how good these tubes are that i use with my earmax pro?"

and if that's the case, my answer is, I'm using a different Mullard (ECC32). Obviously, I wasn't pleased at the price (~$200), but it's good enough that after some consideration, I bought a spare
eek.gif
. Next to any other brand of 'like' tube, the comparison is under-evaluated as "Godzilla vs. Bambi"--the Mullard offers more warmth, depth, range, punch, and soundstage dimension.

Aug 19, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #6 of 9
VERY GOOD TUBES!!!

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 9
sorry for the mistakes, im using the tubes already. i just wanted to know what they were like as i dont know much about tubes.

thanks for the reply's!

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 9
I have a 1960s Mullard E81CC driver that is fantastic. Warm and intimate. It is indeed the equivalent to the 12At7.

Can't comment on the Mullard outputs as I use Philips but it is a fine brand if you have good ones.

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Generally the vintage, UK made Mullard tubes are among the best, and are often expensive. I do have a few Mullard tubes and they are truly excellent.

It is important to note that there is a re-issue Mullard brand that are current production Russian tubes which should not be confused with the original Mullard tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back