Muddy Waters- Folk Singer- Wow.
Nov 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

todd92371

100+ Head-Fier
Wow,
I was listening to this last night and everytime it just blows me away. It amazes me the magical recordings they were able to attain awhile back. Just a wonderful album.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 8
Yea, the Blues is really something special. I don't know why we don't have an "Appreciation Thread" for it. It's the godfather of Rock/Metal.

Muddy Waters 
Albert King - Check this guy out. Try his "King of the Blues Guitar" album.
Robert Johnson - The most mysterious man in Blues.
Junior Wells
Lonnie Johnson - Smooth as a slick-black Cadillac. Check out his "Complete Folkways Recordings" album if you dig Muddy's "Folk Singer."
Freddie King
Howlin' Wolf
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Rock infused Blues
Joe Bonamassa - Rock infused Blues
Walter Trout - Rock infused Blues
Warren Haynes - Rock infused Blues.
... The list goes on.

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 8
I love this album. It's one of the best recordings I own. It should be in every audiophile's collection.

Quote:
 It's the godfather of Rock/Metal.

Here's a great quote from Willie Dixon (who plays bass on Folk Singer):

"The blues are the roots and the other musics are the fruits. It’s better keeping the roots alive, because it means better fruits from now on. The blues are the roots of all American music. As long as American music survives, so will the blues."

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

"The blues are the roots and the other musics are the fruits. It’s better keeping the roots alive, because it means better fruits from now on. The blues are the roots of all American music. As long as American music survives, so will the blues."

I dig that.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 8
i saw the movie he was documented in, and the energy of the songs sang in the movie got me digging into the blues genre, although its a little hard to find where to get blues songs, I only have just a classic hits edition definitely want more

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 8
I just got a 50 CD box set at Amazon.de of mostly great pre-war blues. Shipped to the US it came out less than a buck a disk.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0041IFTE4/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back