much appreciated...
Jun 5, 2004 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Matro5

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to send a quick thank you to you guys. I don't like to post much, but I've found Head-fi to be an invaluable resource that has led me to three solid purchases. Based first on your recs, and then on my listening, I bought e2cs for my iPod on the subway, and then sr60s and 595s for my home. Love them all for different reasons. I bought the shures and the senns from Todd as a way of giving back to the forum, but bought the sr60s locally.

I don't have the time or the money to achieve an 'audiophile' setup, but in a NY apartment where my speakers don't get much love, what I've got is almost perfect.

Now, the only question. To 'finish' my setup with an entry level amp - i listen usually through my iPod lineout, my Dell with a TBSC card, or through my home CD player - do I want to take a look at Norm's Home-Vibe, or should I try and pick up a Marantz 1060?

I listen to Wilco, Modest Mouse, Radiohead, Ryan Adams, The Shins, My Morning Jacket, etc.

Either way, your help has been much appreciated.

matro5

Jun 5, 2004 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 2
Personally, I'd rather have the 1060. MUCH more connectivity than a Headsave amp, obviously. I've heard a lot of good things abouty the 1060's as well.

And it looks like you are in luck...Link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back