mTUNE-n by Macally: Cordless Stereo Headset for iPod nano
Feb 5, 2006 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Masolino

500+ Head-Fier
Another flashy but useless design?

There is one for ipod shuffle as well:

Being Macally products, both probably sound dreadful to audiophile ears...
very_evil_smiley.gif

http://www.macally.com/spec/ipod/mtunen.html
http://www.macally.com/spec/ipod/mtune.html

Feb 5, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 5
LMAO! Those are soo funny! It's pretty innovative, but I wonder who actually would buy those. Choosing your song will be a bit of a nightmare. Just imagine the hastle! How are the headphones powered? If it is using the line-out of the iPod, then must it have its own amplifier built in? Battery power might be a possibility...

Headband looks very uncomfortable to me....

Feb 5, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
LMAO! Those are soo funny! It's pretty innovative, but I wonder who actually would buy those.

People who wanna get mugged . . by me. Not the phones but the daps within.

Feb 5, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 5
I don't do portable while walking often, but when I do, I can't stant the cord. Looks like they took care of that---in the most direct way possible.

Personally, I'd like a small sigma-delta modulator and wireless(low power RF) transmitter that fits on the bottom of the iPod. Then, the sigma delta stream is easily filtered in the headset, and fed to a matched amplifier.

So, basically the Dac is in the basestation, as the sigma-delta stream is generated there. All it needs is filtering in the headset, no complicated dac circuit. This filtering can be integrated with the amplifier(less amp stages==good). Then we have an amplifier which is designed only for those specific drivers...they don't have to drive a wide impedence range, etc. Cheap, very light and power effecient in the headset, and boom, it works. Hey, doing balanced probably wouldn't even alter the price much, at all(although it would alter battery life by a little...maybe that should be switchable)

Feb 5, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
People who wanna get mugged . . by me. Not the phones but the daps within.

Well at least with the black ones would last longer then the white ones
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back