MTPG( monster turbine pro gold) left earbud is very quiet/ no bass?
Nov 18, 2013 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ascension646

New Head-Fier
So I was leaving these guys to burn in using white noise at 50% volume on an ipod touch for around 5 hours as I left to do something else.  I come back and as soon as I played a song, the left ear bud was waaay quieter than the right earbud.  It was working previously with no problems, there's no damage on the cord from what  I can see, its a refurbished pair, and these things are about a week old.  What do you guys think happened to them while I was away?  Did evil spirits decide to possess my golds and crap them up to piss me off?  I am starting to think this has something to do with my ipod touch cause that makes 3 headphones that have broken in the same way.  Klipsch, Meelectronics, and now monsters...  Thanks in advance for helping me figure out what the hell is going on.  

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 3
Have you tried using them on a different source (like your computer) just to make sure the issue is not in the Touch? I can't imagine what the Touch could be doing to fry one driver - that's really odd. I was absolutely ready to accuse the refurbished 'phones until you said that the same thing had happened to two other pairs of phones. The only other time I've seen one side go dim was because of ear wax obstructing the sound hole. A little work with the cleaning tool, and they were good as new. But that was after many, many hours of daily listening.

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I've tried using them on different sources but it doesn't work for any of the other sources =/. Judging from the symptoms, what would you say is wrong with em?  Driver flex, diaphragm problems, blown driver, etc?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back