MTPC --- Quality problem, Loose parts or normal behavior? Anyone?
Mar 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Yggdrassilious

500+ Head-Fier

I received my MTPC today from Amazon. When trying out different eartips, I noticed that the silver part was loose. It rattled a bit when removing eartips as if it was going to come right off!

Both ear pieces does that. The left one is more loose than the right one.

I was wondering if this is normal behavior for a brand new pair of $250 IEMs? Did Monster design this for durability or soundquality purposes, or did they just forget to put enough super glue?

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 9
That's warranties and not under the lifetime exchange either. Monster has good warranty service take advantage of it or have Amazon replace them if they will. Don't fix them yourself.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 9
Right, so you are saying this is a result of poor quality control and manufacturing defect, and I should get it replaced. Right?

Quote:
That's warranties and not under the lifetime exchange either. Monster has good warranty service take advantage of it or have Amazon replace them if they will. Don't fix them yourself.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 9
That was a problem with early runs of the copper's it is a defect and should just be replaced. Sorry to hear this issue is still lingering. Great IEM when you get one without that issue.

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 9
give monster a call, they will give you a prepaid shipping lable, you just ship the IEMs back, they let you keep all the assesories,  isnt that awsome?

BTW they give you a brand new seal whole set for warranty

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 9
Are you wearing it over the ears? Because i don't experience much microphonics doing that way.

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 9
i had the same problem.... and the replaced with a new pair.... kept all the accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back