MSR-7, MSR-7SE, or WS1100iS
Feb 4, 2018 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

cpmsan

New Head-Fier
Hello

I'm currently considering saving up for an Audio-Technica MSR7/7SE/WS1100iS. I have tried the MSR7 and I could say I quite like it and the smooth highs are just perfect for my tastes. I haven't had a chance to try the WS and 7SE and I couldn't find a comprehensive review of the 7SE, can anyone elaborate a complete review and comparison to the MSR7 and maybe the WS? Thanks!

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 13
Hello

I'm currently considering saving up for an Audio-Technica MSR7/7SE/WS1100iS. I have tried the MSR7 and I could say I quite like it and the smooth highs are just perfect for my tastes. I haven't had a chance to try the WS and 7SE and I couldn't find a comprehensive review of the 7SE, can anyone elaborate a complete review and comparison to the MSR7 and maybe the WS? Thanks!
Unfortunately there's not too many reviews on the 1100is. The Z Review guy has a review on YouTube but it's hard to search for due to the weird title he gives it. I'll leave a link below. I've compared the WS1100is to both the MSR7 and A900x (both of these sound similar). The main difference and/or advantage is that the bass and low end on the 1100is is not distorted. So any trap or techno/dub music that's bass heavy will feel at home with these cans. It has good highs and the mids are slightly recessed compared to the MSR7 and A900x.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 13
Hi Cpmsan,

Just go with the MSR 7 as it offers the best sound & value, the SE version is basically a fashion can choice by just looking really nice for the same sound & performance as the original but for higher price unless someone has a genuine deal somewhere which makes it close to the average MSR 7 price, maybe a pro audio place might, try asking.

Can't comment on the WS 1100iS as it isn't available for me to demo.

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 13
Hi Cpmsan,

Just go with the MSR 7 as it offers the best sound & value, the SE version is basically a fashion can choice by just looking really nice for the same sound & performance as the original but for higher price unless someone has a genuine deal somewhere which makes it close to the average MSR 7 price, maybe a pro audio place might, try asking.

Can't comment on the WS 1100iS as it isn't available for me to demo.
I have just YOLO-ed it and got the SE minutes ago. I hope it'll be what I like.(welp, I've been saving for some months so might as well go full on, rite? Oh and the local audio store has a 20$ discount so might as well take it)

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 13
My impressions from the MSR7 thread was that the SE has better low end, but at the time of release, the price difference made it very poor value (it was nearly double the price of the non-SE here in Oz). But if you got it for a good price, I don't think you'll have any regrets :)

Mar 25, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #7 of 13
It was a 60-70USD difference so yeh value not that good but I quite like it. The copper cable is a no-go tho. Sibilant and too much bass.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #8 of 13
So it's my second day with the 7SE, and the dreaded creaking has come. its only on the right side and nothing scary has appeared visually, but any fixes?

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #13 of 13
i own the ws1100is and pro82´s at the moment. pro82 is basically a ws1100is with more bass, while the msr7 is a ws1100is with less bass. i play mostly fps shooter with both and prefer the pro82´s BUT other than is this review i like the pads and clamp on the ws1100is more. pro82´s force sweaty ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back