MS-Pro vs AD2000
Apr 18, 2008 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JayB18

500+ Head-Fier
I currently have the AD700 and am looking to upgrade sometime in the next month or two. Ive narrowed it down the the Audio Technica AD2000 and Alessandro MS-Pro. I listen to all types of music about 70% rock and 30% everything else. I would also occasionally use them for games and movies.

Out of these 2 phones which would you recommend. Marcus from headphonic greatly recommends the MS-Pro over the AD2000 but im looking for more opinions. Does anyone have both or have heard both of these cans and if so how did they compare and which did you prefer. Thanks

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 10
I haven't tried MS-pro myself, but I tried RS-1 and I wouldn't use them for gaming and movie watching.
AD2K ,on the other hand, are one of the best all-rounders I've heard and I preferred it over RS1 except for rock and metal.

Why not use AD700 for movie/gaming and grab a used RS1? or MS-Pro?

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 10
A very nice fellow whose ears I trust said that people who listen to rock prefer Grados. Some other people agree that the AD2000 is a great all-rounder, as Rednamalas1 says. My experience is with a few lower-mid Grados, and they are wonderful for rock. They have this nice open quality and electric guitars crunch, acoustic guitars sing, and drums get this nice air around notes. The bass isn't heavy, but it's there. And you can always bump it up a notch with flats, which are preferred on a lot of higher end Grados.
I agree with him, go with something nice for your primary usage and get a sub for those random other things.

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #4 of 10
sorry to give this comparo but I had the ad2k and I have the RS1s and think the ad2ks are better all around phones from a comfort and do no wrong aspect . The rs1s are better with good music and from a pure audio standpoint I like them better but factoring in gaming and movies if I had to choose I'd go ad2k.

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry to give this comparo but I had the ad2k and I have the RS1s and think the ad2ks are better all around phones from a comfort and do no wrong aspect . The rs1s are better with good music and from a pure audio standpoint I like them better but factoring in gaming and movies if I had to choose I'd go ad2k.

X2 on this. AD2000 is a good all around can, but the RS1s are great for a pure audio standpoint. For games you won't get the impact on the RS1s as there isn't low bass thump to them. You might want to look into the A900s as they are good for movies and gaming.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #6 of 10
And if you want more aggressive sound to rock music, check out RS-2's. I like them better than RS-1.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #7 of 10
I haven't heard the MS-Pro yet, but I've heard the RS-1 on a few occasions. Those RS-1s always had the bowls on them and their comfort was just unbearable for me. The sound wasn't all that convincing either so that I was rather put off... sure, it sounded nice with some acoustic music, but with some other recordings they came off unnatural, with a slight tendency to be honky. I felt they did nothing the AD2000 don't just as well, except for being even more immediate and direct (read: soundstageless). The AD2000 on the other hand has quite a bit of soundstage, not a very wide one, but with proper depth and air around the instruments.
I agree the AD2000 is a very good allrounder, but I also love it for Rock/Metal. I even prefer it to the L3000 for most Metal I listen to.

Apr 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 10
I know the MS-Pro is essentially a tweaked RS-1 but I heard they were more neutral and had better separation and soundstage than any other Grado besides the GS1000. Ive heard the SR60 and MS-1. I didnt like the SR60 (too harsh) but enjoyed the MS-1. Both sound very compressed, especially compared to the AD700. If The MS-Pro has at least decent soundstage/separation (even if smaller than AD2000) I would kind of prefer to get them. If they have very little like the SR60/MS-1 Id get the AD2000 instead.

Apr 19, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #9 of 10
Are the MS-PRO out of production now?

Where can these headphones be purchased?

Apr 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the MS-PRO out of production now?

Where can these headphones be purchased?

Alessandro High-End Products

Users who are viewing this thread

Back