MS-2 Faulty ?
Jun 2, 2008 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Benny99

New Head-Fier
Hey guys

Past few hours my left driver of the MS-2 is pretty much crackling and vibrating majorly when ever bass comes into play.

Ive made sure no hairs are making this noise but im thinking the Headphones are faulty.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 13
Apparently faulty.

But remain systematic and make sure that you don't have any soundblasterish EQ thingies running. Try other sources and amps. Make sure that it's really no hair close to the diaphragm (consider that a hair is mostly invisible unless you have very thick black hair).

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 13
Yea

No EQ and tried it on different sources does the same thing.

Only the left driver. The right driver is working fine.

Its like a Screech /Vibration/Popping sound really sounds terrible.

Just over 1 month old.

Pretty bad
frown.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 13
is the sound kinda garbled? almost like a fizzy sound where normal sound should be? If so, its most likely blown.

Turn on a bassey song...if the bass statics out when it hits, its blown for sure.

Have you visual inspected the drivers? Make sure there is nothing inside, like a pair of plastic or paper...also to check to see if the speaker is torn, something to that effect.

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 13
Send em back to Grado. 1 year warranty. Return them to the factory address listed below and include a short note explaining your problem. They will pay return postage and have em fixed good as new.

Grado Labs
4614 7th Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11220

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the sound kinda garbled? almost like a fizzy sound where normal sound should be? If so, its most likely blown.

Turn on a bassey song...if the bass statics out when it hits, its blown for sure.

Have you visual inspected the drivers? Make sure there is nothing inside, like a pair of plastic or paper...also to check to see if the speaker is torn, something to that effect.

Yea i dont want to try inspect the headphones by opening them up.

The problem only occurs when the bass hits so as you said i think its blown.

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mstorie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send em back to Grado. 1 year warranty. Return them to the factory address listed below and include a short note explaining your problem. They will pay return postage and have em fixed good as new.

Grado Labs
4614 7th Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11220

Im not 100% sure that Alessandro headphones go back to grado for repair, but I may be wrong.

Either way, once 100% sure of who to send em back to, send em back to someone. Get em fixed in warranty, and go about your head-phoning happily.

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not 100% sure that Alessandro headphones go back to grado for repair, but I may be wrong.

Either way, once 100% sure of who to send em back to, send em back to someone. Get em fixed in warranty, and go about your head-phoning happily.

This is 100% accurate, as I followed up with Grado on this a couple of months ago for Alessandro phones, and thats the reply they gave me. You might also include a copy of your purchase receipt from Alessandro.

Aug 21, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado is super nice and will likey do the work for uber cheap compared to other places.

I assume you have sent in some in the past?What was the turn around time and how cheap would you say their prices are?I just sent in my grados last week in need of the aluminum and cable repaired.

Aug 21, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #13 of 13
My HF-1 had this problem after having it since they were first sold (2 years?) I opened it up to make sure all hairs/dirt were removed and the problem persisted. E-mailed Grado and they told me to send 'em in with a note describing the problem. I should get them back some time this week. My warranty is long past due, but they didn't charge me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back