ms-1s too dark: what would solve?
Feb 18, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #16 of 29
get the grado SR-325 silvers, and make sure they got bowls
rs1smile.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
!!! 13 replies and no Gradohead has recommended Bowls yet!!!????

I recommended bowls first.

tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #19 of 29
I recommended bowls too dammit
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
all jokes aside...
I3eyond,
Burned in senns are more alive than brand new non burned in ms1s with comfies. Just try what Ive said in my previous reply and decide then if they are still too dark. Senns have a more lively upper midrange. Strings and the upper end of acoustic guitar sounds more alive with them. Take note that I am comparing them to the ms1s with comfies.

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by I3eyond
how would you compare the sounds?

I have both the 125 is way brighter
biggrin.gif

Bowls on my MS-1's aren't bad but don't seem all that much more brighter than the quarter modded comfies on them.

I like the change by switching between the 2 depending on the music and mood.

The 125's almost were fatiguing when I first got them maybe I'm getting used to the sonics but I don't get fatigued by them anymore.

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by I3eyond
these?

http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=175

I'm assuming thats the one... there is only ONE agrado bowl pad.

Might want to post a WTB thread, maybe someone will unload their unwanted pads. Most people dislike them for their lack of comfort and ditch them for flats, HD414 or c-pads.

On that note, you might want to research HD414 pads.... with the "thicker side" out.

Garrett

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #22 of 29
i find that a kenny g. cd i have sounds better than a lot of rock cds i have. isn't that backwards for these cans?

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #23 of 29
I'm really surprised you think the MS-1 is too dark. Compared to my HD201 and Bose QC2 it is very bright and detailed. I'm thinking there might be something else doing it...like that audio card. Perhaps you have some form of EQ in effect from the Creative drivers?

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #24 of 29
I've had the experience where the MS1 seems muddy and dark but then hearing something else it seems not so. Sometimes its the recording that may be the culprit.

I used the comfies for a few weeks and then changed to bowls and I enjoy it more with bowls, of course it's more burned in now
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #25 of 29
nothing is enabled...

perhaps i have foobar configured poorly?

Feb 18, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus
I told ya just burn it in and do the mod! sheeesh
biggrin.gif
trust me on this

i'd rather buy new pads... which ones would you suggest?

Feb 18, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #29 of 29
what are you comparing them to that makes them sound dark? Compared to my ksc75s they are dark, using 414 pads. Maybe you were used to very bright headphones.

Anyway, to brighten them up get bowl pads.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back