MS-1 upgrade poll
May 13, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #16 of 46
Great and useful thread! I'm nowhere near ready to upgrade from my MS-1s, but I've been wondering this. I'm one of those to look way up the road...
rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #17 of 46
I'd go, rather I've gone for the MS Pro instead. This is the final upgrade to me.

May 13, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmk
I'd go, rather I've gone for the MS Pro instead. This is the final upgrade to me.

Yeah, the Pros are pretty, ain't they! They've been calling quite loudly too.
wink.gif

....almost as loudly as the wife of 38 years when I mention the price to her
frown.gif

May 13, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #19 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
Excellent point well taken.

I am familiar with the sound of MS-1 and understand that MS-2 sounds much the same........cool!

And after exhaustive(but lottsa fun!) forum searches, I think.....

That I understand that the RS-2 has a sound kinda like "what I think I am looking for" but it IS still an unknown quantity.....not cool.

MS2i is pretty much a sure bet.

RS-2 still has a lot of research, but most of what I've read about it says it could be a winner as well!! Many of the same characteristics and attributes as the MS2i.

Yup! The hunt sometimes is as much fun as the kill!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I see we're in the same boat. I'm leaning (lusting?) towards the MS2i, and the pictures in this thread make it worse: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162104

May 13, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
Yeah, the Pros are pretty, ain't they! They've been calling quite loudly too.
wink.gif

....almost as loudly as the wife of 38 years when I mention the price to her
frown.gif

You can't imagine the lengths we go to hide it from the other half.
evil_smiley.gif

But then, its soul-enhancing abilities are just worth it.
rs1smile.gif
I mean it just puts a big
biggrin.gif
from cheek to cheek.

May 13, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #21 of 46
Thanks for all the responses, so far the MS2 and RS1 are the clear winners, I'm a bit surprised there's not more support for the SR225. And only 2 people said not to spend any more money, I'm shocked
icon10.gif

May 15, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
Thanks for all the responses, so far the MS2 and RS1 are the clear winners, I'm a bit surprised there's not more support for the SR225. And only 2 people said not to spend any more money, I'm shocked
icon10.gif

I've compared the MS2i and the MS Pros on the same equipment and came to this conclusion, the MS2i will induce fatigue much earlier due to its enhanced HF, w/o balancing with sufficient bass. The MS Pro solves this with a more balanced bass and retains all the detail the MS2i are capable of. In addition, its a whole lot more musical through the wood enclosures. IMO the MS Pro is a safer bet.

May 15, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #28 of 46
The two that I would really like to hear together are the MS-Pro and the RS-2.

It "sounds" like, from what I've been able to piece together from this forum searches, that the MS-Pro and the RS-2 may be more similar to each other than the RS-2 and the RS-1.

Anybody auditioned the MS-Pro and the RS-2 together?

May 15, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #29 of 46
I voted "Other" because I think that you should sample the sound of at least one (preferrably two) other manufacturer (AKG
biggrin.gif
, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, etc.) before you shoot way up on one chain. I thought I liked Sennheiser when I got my HD-555's over a year ago until I tried the k271S a few months later. I would suggest the k240S (or M) or an HD-555/595.

May 17, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #30 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
I voted "Other" because I think that you should sample the sound of at least one (preferrably two) other manufacturer (AKG
biggrin.gif
, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, etc.) before you shoot way up on one chain. I thought I liked Sennheiser when I got my HD-555's over a year ago until I tried the k271S a few months later. I would suggest the k240S (or M) or an HD-555/595.

Good point, thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back