MS-1 to MS-2???
Mar 24, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good one!

Anyway, moving from MS-1 to MS-2i would mean upgrading my source as well, and bla bla bla to make a decent enough sonic improvement. *shudders*

Huh?...uh,

Aw Phooie!!

I think I may have shot myself in the foot, here!

If my SQ part of the formula is accurate, and since I have no data, real or imagined to back it up, it may not be, but using the goodcans quote, maybe it is, but....if that's the case, then the move from MS-1 to MS2i SHOULD demand a better quality upgrade in system than the less demanding upgrade from MS2i to MS-Pro!!
blink.gif

Aaarrrrrgh!!

Mar 24, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh?...uh,

Aw Phooie!!

I think I may have shot myself in the foot, here!

If my SQ part of the formula is accurate, and since I have no data, real or imagined to back it up, it may not be, but using the goodcans quote, maybe it is, but....if that's the case, then the move from MS-1 to MS2i SHOULD demand a better quality upgrade in system than the less demanding upgrade from MS2i to MS-Pro!!
blink.gif

Aaarrrrrgh!!

Hmm... The MS2i to Pro might need another big system source upgrade too?
wink.gif

Have we talked about amplifiers yet?
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... The MS2i to Pro might need another big system source upgrade too?
wink.gif

Have we talked about amplifiers yet?
biggrin.gif

What scares the heck out of me is; if my formula is accurate, or if the "quote" is accurate, then the move from MS-1 to MS2i is a bigger jump in SQ than the move from MS2i to MS-Pro.

Which is what I think I had believed all along but didn't really put a face on it until now.

What that means "to me; with my system" is that I have gone from MS-1 to MS2i and "didn't" upgrade my system sufficiently to take advantage of the greater shift in SQ available in the move from MS-1 to MS2i over the lesser shift in SQ going from MS2i to MS-Pro.

In other words; I may have insulted my MS2i by handing it an inferior system incapable of bringing out its' full potential.

And what makes it even worse, then, is if I were to go to MS-Pro with my current system, the MS-Pro would not feel as insulted as the MS2i since it's inherent SQ advantage isn't as great in comparison to MS2i as the MS2i was over MS-1. So yeah; with my current system, I can get the MS-Pro and not feel as guilty getting it as I should have in getting my MS2i!

And THAT realization can really ruin your day!

Because now I feel the need to upgrade my system just to take fullest advantage of the cans I have now. And that would make me totally and completely vulnerable to the MS-Pro upgraditus bug!

------------

To make matters worse, my system sounds pretty good to me, and I don't even know if it's a good one or a bad one since I have nothing to compare it to!

Aaarrrrrgh x2!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back