MS-1 questions
Jun 28, 2007 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cyrian

Head-Fier
i have a few questions before heading off to make my purchase of the alessandro ms-1's.
1) are there multiple places where i can order them?
2) how do i order them with an 1/8 plug?
3) should i stick with the comfies? or go for bowls?

Jun 28, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a few questions before heading off to make my purchase of the alessandro ms-1's.
1) are there multiple places where i can order them?
2) how do i order them with an 1/8 plug?
3) should i stick with the comfies? or go for bowls?

1) Best place is right from the Alessandro web site. There is one other place that I've heard of: Bennett Studios, but I've not heard of anyone here getting them from there.

2) Order the one with the mini-plug adapter.

3) How old are your ears?(only kidding!) Until a listener has had some time pad rolling with the different pads, it's really hard to answer that one. There doesn't seem to be any real general rule as to what sounds best, and which pad is most comfortable, and to whom!

Jun 28, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 8
Haha. I always thought "rolling" meant actually rolling them and soaking them with water.

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha. I always thought "rolling" meant actually rolling them and soaking them with water.

Lol. Rolling is quite a weird term used around here IMO. I always thought..."why would you roll tubes?" Do I have to make them myself??? Until I shaped up and learned how to "roll"
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 8
I prefer them with bowls, or HD414 - NOT COMFIES!

thats me!

Jun 29, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #7 of 8
I'm using reversed HD414s, and they work great IMHO. They seem to improve the detail a little and I can wear them for hours with no discomfort whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back